Advice on spares and how you store them whilst riding ?

Avoid wearing a large red nose and very large shoes and you will be fine. Oh and don't squirt water over people in a clown type fashion when taking a drink!!! LOL

I am now interested on your de-brief when you get the run done, would you oblige with a report?

Richard

yeah well, i read recently Greg Lemond won his first race on a 30Lb bike,wearing tank top, running short's
and tennis shoes... now whose laughing !!
I would go out there with the sole intention of enjoying your self mate !
and try not to make any sudden movement's in the bunch. :p

On the hints and tips - give yourself plenty of room from riders in front - being too close can be really dangerous and very annoying for other riders. For further info regarding the danger ask Ian Raleigh who was present when someone who had been warned touched a wheel of a rider in front - the result was disasterous as the rider was hit my an oncoming car.

Just take it easy and enjoy yourself, and ride safely

Richard

TGR":2v7r89sq said:
Avoid wearing a large red nose and very large shoes and you will be fine. Oh and don't squirt water over people in a clown type fashion when taking a drink!!! LOL

I am now interested on your de-brief when you get the run done, would you oblige with a report?

Richard

I will report on the ride :p

I think i am just a little nervous, i have been riding for 25 years but usually on my own. So not sure what to expect.

I will be riding my 28 years old Reynolds 531 framed Raleigh along with my 42 year old knees :D

Most club runs are very friendly. Just relax and enjoy.

I'd go with a small saddle pack. Halfords have plenty of choice.

Here is the proper way to dress for a club ride: Spare tubs around your shoulders, hard cheese in the back pocket and of course some whiskey...

Attachments

• 1925-il-vincitore-Ottavio-B.jpg
    1925-il-vincitore-Ottavio-B.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 255
Park tool kit?

Bloody hell, I take a mini tool, tube and a quick link. Then either a pump (mtb) or a couple of CO2 canisters (road or when racing) that has kept me going for the last 15 years........

mattr":3o8hr5y2 said:
Park tool kit?

Bloody hell, I take a mini tool, tube and a quick link. Then either a pump (mtb) or a couple of CO2 canisters (road or when racing) that has kept me going for the last 15 years........

Not a full tool kit, just a mini-tool, levers and a couple of allen attachments :D

FWIW. My entire box of tricks, excluding the inner tube, goes into one of those lezyne pouches in my middle rear pocket. Tools, gas, phone, cash, ID and so on. Nothing in it is big enough and/or hard enough to cause any damage if I land on it either!
Inner tube goes in another pocket with arm warmers/gel/stuff. Last pocket for a gilet if it's cold.

If it's only a 30 miler, will you really need an OS map as well? Unless you've picked a club full of strava chasing bell ends, they won't leave you out there. (And finding your way home shouldn't be hard!)

mattr":1ak9yts9 said:
FWIW. My entire box of tricks, excluding the inner tube, goes into one of those lezyne pouches in my middle rear pocket. Tools, gas, phone, cash, ID and so on. Nothing in it is big enough and/or hard enough to cause any damage if I land on it either!
Inner tube goes in another pocket with arm warmers/gel/stuff. Last pocket for a gilet if it's cold.

If it's only a 30 miler, will you really need an OS map as well? Unless you've picked a club full of strava chasing bell ends, they won't leave you out there. (And finding your way home shouldn't be hard!)

No map for this ride, only for when i am planning training rides :p

Back