Brush Painting A Frame

I think that's gorgeous. My plans have now changed as I found something with decent paint. Almost wish I hadn't for the uniqueness of this. Nice job.

That's very similar to a paint effect used years ago.
You wack on a base color and then the top color, then wrap it with crumpled foil or
cling film, remove the scrummpllllled up film and wack lot's of clear over the top. I have done it but only small areas, panels
of it on the side of a 125 bantam tank on my A10 chop;-) Your way is probably quicker,
and better than having loadsa coats of clear. I might well try it.

Ok been looking for UK equivalent to tremclad paint. Any ideas or suggestions as to an alternative?

I'm thinking that in this case overbrushing and a coarse brush would be a good thing.

I'm going to try this, probably with black under a nice bright but not flouro green.

i would be interested in an alternative to Tremclad over here. will need to paint up my sons trike soon and dont fancy spending the deniro on powder coating it, since its only a small little thing :)

i was thinking Hammerite direct to rust paint.
thats the only thing i can think of that you can apply in thick coats and provides a tough chip resistant finish.

whats the best lacquer/clear top coat to use that would provide similar protection from chips/scuff etc...??

Latest posts

Back