Planning permission

ewanm77

MacRetro Rider
Ive got a shed attached to my house and i want to enlarge it to double the size and turn a bit of it into a utility room for chest freezer tumbler and beer fridge and keep new but as a shed workshop area.
i dont know if there was ever permission given for the shed thats here so should i just put it up and hope for the best or will i need permission for it?

Hi Scotland is different to rest of UK so I'm not familiar but try

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Built ... eholderPDR

and click on the "dwellings house" tag on the left side.

If you get into the 'shed' from the house then it may be classified as an extension even though it looks like a shed. You'd have to see how your circumstances relate to the permitted development for extensions and sheds, etc.

Cheers
And (architect)

this is how big i want to make it very rough but not in the mood to do auto cad work today. its normaly not that messy i just have a big collection of alloy wheels

So long as it's a 'temporary' structure with a floating base as opposed to footings you'll be ok...

...oh, and as posted above, no access directly from the house; conservatories are different and do require planning permission because they are, at the very least, semi-permanent and increase the floor space of the house.

If I remember correctly?

Latest posts

Back