Advice on spares and how you store them whilst riding ?

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
I am not sure if and where this has been covered before :)

I am due to take part in my first proper club ride, around 30 miles.

Normally i go out with the 'large' under saddle bag containing

Tools (park compact set)
Pump
Innertube
OS map
Wallet
Keys
Phone
Fig rolls :)

I want to try and avoid using this bag, so that I can reduce weight especially as i will be only one with a steel bike rather than Carbon, keep the saddlepost clear for my light and also keep the bike looking less like a touring bike and more like a proper road bike.

I have a cycling jersey with the 3 pockets so could store the innertube/fig rolls in there.

Is there any things i can do without or replace, i am starting to lose sleep over it :oops:

Ta :) :)

Take what you think you need, you'll only curse yourself if you don't then find you do....

Perhaps you don't need to take your whole wallet just some cash and card. Maybe just your front door key rather than a bunch of keys. Wouldn't have thought you'd need a map on a club run (if you have a smart phone you can always use the maps on there).

How about a bottle cage case (like the SKS cagebox) rather than a saddle bag?

d0213524_21555047.jpg

Or you could always rely on everyone else on the ride to take what you need and scrounge from them in your time of need :)

good advice there .. obviously the pump is frame mounted.. im going to try out one of those co2 inflaiters
almost every one will probably have a small saddle bag i dont like the idea of carrying hard stuff in yer pouches.

I like the look of that cargo bottle, that pretty smart :cool:

Its my first 'outing' on the club run, i didn't want to create a bad impression by scrounging everything at least not for a few weeks :D

Damn i have just realised i have only one bottle cage on my roadbike and this would be not having any juice :(

Got 2 on the Mountain bike though :facepalm:

easy insulation tape + 2 jubilee clips i guarantee you, most will have under saddle bags .

nike say ,,just do it ! :cool:

Hi,

I know you don't have much time but i think Ribble are giving the toolbox/waterbottles away at the moment when you spend more than £35. If not Ribble, then it is Wiggle!

Underseat bags are available on ebay for very little money - £4 ish from China.

You can also buy waterbottle mounts at Halfords for £4 ish (from memory)

My preferance is the small underseat bag and stick a small pump in your pocket. When i move into the 21st Century i will try the CO2 canisters - probably with a Lezyne fitting.

Have fun on the ride and don't worry too much, if you forget something i would hope someone will help you out,

Richard

Back