Wanted: 1986 Raleigh Racer/Lightweight's brochure/scans

Taken a look at my brochures and the Team Corsa 12 (to give it's full name) does not appear after the 1985 brochure - so it is only a 1985 model (my Oyster one is the 1984 model).

Headset in the specification sheet is a Tange CMA60. If the original buyer was a completist he (or she) may well have had the Shimano headset fitted when new or soon after - after all the bicycle is near on 30 years old.

Jon.

Many thanks Jon

There is still a 'niggle' in my mind that a few years ago (circa 2008 when I acquired the bike) I 'happened' across brochures for 86 and 87 which showed the minor differences...

So it's to be Black tape for now I think

and do I bite the bullet and invest in the NOS Shimano Brake levers and hoods I have found just to get the hoods??!!

Lastly, I've seen this bike with the word Corsa on the top tube, but mine shows no sign of it having ever been there...

MrW":3jetjeaw said:
Many thanks Jon

There is still a 'niggle' in my mind that a few years ago (circa 2008 when I acquired the bike) I 'happened' across brochures for 86 and 87 which showed the minor differences...

I'd have a word with your memory :) ...there's no Corsa in 1986 or 1987. In fact in the Raleigh Centenary brochure 100 Years Of Winning (1887-1987), despite Paul Sherwen appearing on the cover on a team bike, there's not one team bike in the brochure for the cycling enthusiast to buy!

Best bikes in this brochure are the Road Ace and the new Randonneur.

The Competition 12 appears to have replaced the Team Corsa 12.

Jon.

Thanks again Jon

I'm guessing that's the 501SL Competition 12?

I have a 1985 531c Competition 12..

MrW":ie55njz8 said:
Thanks again Jon

I'm guessing that's the 501SL Competition 12?

I have a 1985 531c Competition 12..

Yes.

I have an SBDU Pro Super, owned from new.

Have replied top your pm.

Jon.

Back