Missing cat - I'm gutted - FOUND HIM

AdamAsh

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
My best friend has vanished & im gutted.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Had oscar for 5 years now, got him from the cats home in manchester & thought we would have him for ever.

Put posters up locally and even had my eldest daughter putting flyers through everyone locals doors.

I know a lot of people hate cats but I wasn't mad on them until I got this one.

I work nights and every morning at 6am he has been waiting for me to arrive home, without fail so I knew something was wrong on tuesday when he wasnt there. He sleeps on my feet during the day when I sleep and is just generally like a dog.

Everything just feels so much emptier without him, proper gutted.

Hope he turns up soon DoA just so we can put an end to it.

Sorry for rambling, now stuck in a house with 3 females......

Maybe he had enough of them

Re: Missing cat - I'm gutted

Really feel for you mate.
He looks a bit like mine - Button.

We used flyers locally a couple of years ago when one of ours went missing and we found him after a phone call.
Could be in someone's shed or garage.

Hope you find him soon.

happened to a friend of mine a while back, she got hers back after about 2 weeks. I have heard that males sometimes like to go walkabout. get on facebook, lots of local catty people on there will help you look

my cat went missing for a few days, but turned up ok. Hope the same happens for you

Mine went missing for 4 and a half months :) - it took that long for the right person to see one of the posters we'd put up. Feel for you though, it's truly gutting when they go missing.

very sorry. Hope he turns up soon

dog like cat = the best sort, I've got a black & white boy like that. Love him to bits

:( ....he looks just like mine too, she is the same. Follows me everywhere and loves being picked up.
We lost her for about 6 days once, it wasnt until I was in the vets dropping off posters that the local vicar said he'd seen her in the house opposite his. This was about 1 mile from our house across a really busy road.
Im sure he will turn up...know what your going through.

A good while back, now - more years than I care to remember, really (a little over 20), I had a couple of cats, both neutered, but it tended to be the younger female that seemed to go walkabout or missing for little bits. Perhaps a couple of instances of being missing for a day or two.

One time she went missing for about 6 weeks. I'd put an ad in the local paper, and I'd put cards in local newsagents and the like. After a few weeks, I'd probably given up hope - kinda figured either runover / killed by accident, or got scared out of the area she knew and living somewhere else.

Then one Friday night, about 10:30, I got a phone call from this little old lady, asking me if I had a cat. She explained a cat had followed her down the path, and was miaowing. So she took her in, and put her in her porch. The tag was still on her collar, and it had her name and contact details. This would be roughly about a mile from where I lived, over a main road, but uncannily, just around the corner from where my grandmother lived.

I went to pick her up, straightaway, and she was fine - not dirty at all, didn't look to have lost loads of weight (nor put on any) she just looked clean and healthy, no fleas (had a flea collar on, which in those days, actually seemed to work...). I thanked the little old lady profusely, and took her home, and she practically followed my every step for about a day (slept curled up on my bed, which was quite rare.

Not sure when chipping pets came in, but just goes to show, when you've given up hope of them coming back, sometimes they do. Over the years, I've had several cats (none now, though) that have gone missing for the odd day or two - but never anything like as long as the 6 weeks this cat was.

So don't give up hope - does yours have a tag, or is it chipped?

:(

theres time yet... put plenty of fliers up and keep doing it for a while.. like loads of other people ive had my cats go missing for a few days.. one turned up a week later after being locked in a neighbours shed!

We just had to have our elderly female cat put down last week.. really gutted :(

The house feels properly empty without her there.. even though she was a finickety, curmudgeonly old bag that liked pissing on the furniture!

Back