My 1987 Cannondale SM 400 !

I am thinking about Spin, what is your opinion ?
(below = photoshop)

virtualter.jpg

For our 20th birthday (I have it since 1993 !), I have decided to upgrad components to the max : Proshift rear derailleur and twister (looking for front mech), clear Sugino Tension-disc with Hügi hub and Mavic 117 Ceramic, Coda monobloc crank (looking for left 175mm arm), and no more holes on top tube !

It's not finished :

vvke.jpg

4zrf.jpg

m218.jpg

e1ek.jpg

pd62.jpg

7tuz.jpg

wqfz.jpg

In the next episode :
- I-link silver cables,
- transmission installed,

...and in the future, I hope :
- front CNC silver derailleur (Paul ou Proshift)
- left 175mm cnc crank (Coda or other..)
- 2 more quick release for Magura
- stainless cables for Magura (and why not CNC lever, like Kooka)
- clear grips for Protwist (idem Gripshift SRT 600), cause I want to swap all red parts for silver.

For that, I have to sell my old Sugino wheel, Magura carbon brake-booster, and all parts that I will replace (M900 front mech, anodized bolts, etc..).

To be continued...

This is looking sweet, nice to see that you have stayed with the frame and that you have developed the bike over the years.

That bike is all kinds of ridiculous ;) All in a good way mind, I might not like all it's incarnations but I love the fact that you have had it all these years and it's been reborn time and time again. I didn't think anyone could make that frame look small :LOL:

I am envious, I wish I would have kept my first love. My 87 Mountain Klein. Well done. I do like the 97 version the best, but that is my opinion. I love how you have customized it to your own taste and desire.

Back