I've gone all skinny!

misteroo

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
Decided to try some Schwalbe City Jets on my 1990 Marin Eldridge....and I must say, it's bloody good fun!!! :cool:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 772
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 772
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 772
Nice andy.........do you have a full side on pick to post up?......

......I run most of my retro stuff on the road most of the time to keep it all in tip top nick. As such most of my bikes have skinnies fitted as default......unless you are planning big mileage I much prefer them to a road bike...... :D

feetabix":2ud2y7ez said:
Nice andy.........do you have a full side on pick to post up?......

......I run most of my retro stuff on the road most of the time to keep it all in tip top nick. As such most of my bikes have skinnies fitted as default......unless you are planning big mileage I much prefer them to a road bike...... :D

I'll take one tomorrow Daz. Took these ones quick with my iPad!!!! They are a bit crap.

:?

They are good mate, I'm just a whore for a full side on shot!.......I've never owned a zolatone Marin, it's on the bucket list.......the contrast between frame and fork is great......immediately recognisable with a glance from a passing car!......

Are they the 26x1.5's? they look cool :cool:
I use the same tyres on my work bike, ended up fitting a bigger chainring as you can't half get some speed up on those slicks! Not had a puncture in well over a year of use either (may have just jinxed myself there :facepalm: ).

jimo746":2uh01wqv said:
Are they the 26x1.5's? they look cool :cool:
I use the same tyres on my work bike, ended up fitting a bigger chainring as you can't half get some speed up on those slicks! Not had a puncture in well over a year of use either (may have just jinxed myself there :facepalm: ).

Yep..they are the 1.5's..I like them, and they look good with the black rims... :cool:

Went out for a quick spin today. Went over to Hadleigh Castle where the Olympic MTB track was..there was some sort of race there over the weekend, so some of the track was still open!!! I'm quite shocked at how good these tyres are off road. It was just the 70psi that killed my arms!

But on the road they are wonderful... :LOL:

Those tyres look well cool, I'm after some skinny tyres for my recently restored Peugeot Scorpion 531, so I think I'll give these City jets a go.
The bike originally came with Michelin 1.75 tyres and was always fast on the road, but grooved slicks should be brilliant.

nazgul":1ycu102b said:
Those tyres look well cool, I'm after some skinny tyres for my recently restored Peugeot Scorpion 531, so I think I'll give these City jets a go.
The bike originally came with Michelin 1.75 tyres and was always fast on the road, but grooved slicks should be brilliant.

Cheap too!!

Shop around, you should be able to find them for £10 each....sometimes cheaper.

Back