Wanted: 1986 Raleigh Racer/Lightweight's brochure/scans

MrW

Senior Retro Guru
If anyone has the above, showing the Team Corsa 12 I'd like to hear from you!

Thanks in anticipation

MrW":py4ej5ge said:
If anyone has the above, showing the Team Corsa 12 I'd like to hear from you!

Thanks in anticipation

I have most of the 80s Raleigh brochures - including the one featuring the Team Corsa . However they are available online.

Jon.

Thanks for your post Jon.

'Where' do I find the '86 brochure online? I've looked everywhere I can think of, but so far no luck....

Thanks Jon

I have already seen these before, and sadly they 'run out' at 1984..

I will continue my search!

MrW":119tsv4c said:
Thanks Jon

I have already seen these before, and sadly they 'run out' at 1984..

I will continue my search!

I have the brochures, and I need to check, but I don't think the Team Corsa was featured beyond 1985.

My own Corsa was 1984 only.

Jon.

Thanks Jon

I 'think' it was introduced for the '85 model year, and made it to the '86 model year...

The '85 brochure shows it with black suede effect bar tape and the Tange headset, mine had what was left of Benotto white tape and has a Shimano 105 Golden Arrow headset...

MrW":1si4b8z0 said:
Thanks Jon

I 'think' it was introduced for the '85 model year, and made it to the '86 model year...

The '85 brochure shows it with black suede effect bar tape and the Tange headset, mine had what was left of Benotto white tape and has a Shimano 105 Golden Arrow headset...

You seem to suggest that the 105 headset and Benotto tape are original?! My 1984 Corsa (I bought it new) had a 105 groupset with a Tange headset and the standard black bar tape.

A pal of mine bought a new Team Corsa in '85* and it did not/has not got a 105 headset, Tange was always fitted by Raleigh to keep costs down, and neither Corsa had the full groupset.

I'll check the brochures though - but I think I've discussed this before on RB.

Jon.

*been dying in his parent's garden shed since the early 90s!

Back