Raleigh reynolds MTB question

531 lugged lightweight range like the team in my sig or the Chinook I linked were top of the range bikes in 1989.

The montage must share the same fork as the lower bikes then. Headset and headtube will be standard though.

Carl

If its the light blue Montage with the flouro decals, its 22.2mm. Mine had Suntour Xpress shifters, black Alesia rims and Suntour parts.

This fella was 22.2mm

more_massif_869.jpg

Whereas this was 21.1mm, despite looking remarkably similar...

team_raliegh_mtb_189.jpg

Here it is, I have been trying for ages to upload a photo, hope it works this time.

Attachments

• Montage 501.jpg
    Montage 501.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 434
Nice, as i thought that's an 89 model. The 88 had a ubrake. The one lgf posted about was a 1990, the 1991 I had I am sure had an oversize Tioga avenger headset.

Carl

This one has a Tange headset (whatever that means). Had a look at the Chinook but think frame it's too big for me.
Also, bet the ovaltech chainring helped overcoming those killer hills in Devon.
Forgot to mention this one has cantis.

Should be a range unique x which is OEM fit and won't come undone.

Shame that Chinook is too big, the montage is quite a rare size, most were bought in a you'll grow into it size.

Carl.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back