MacRetro chat and rides thread

kaiser":4mseojqf said:
Speculative query, would anyone be interested in an overnight camp/bivi? I'm thinking late September possibly a Friday night, ride out for a few hours bunk down have a tipple and a sing song, back on the bikes in the morning for a bit of a loop and back to the cars kinda thing. Nothing too technical or arduous hopefully just a night in the wild with a bit of craic.

Where about? And can you promise blizzard conditions? :shock:

Rob I reckon somewhere fairly central and not too far off the beaten path, if its to be a friday then probably only want to have 2hrs travelling (car) max before setting off. Cannae promise a blizzard. but it could be we reach a state of readiness and call it on the week(weather wise that is).

Ideally it'd be somewhere someone been before, save any navigation time and maybe a bit of camp site knowledge, not essential though but would maximise the ride time. Saying that setting off into the yonder without a clue might be just the ticket anaw :)

Pentlands has decent riding, easy to get to by car and you can get somewhere that feels fairly remote (but isn't) quite quickly. I don't ride there too often though so we'd need someone with better local knowledge.

I've not ridden these areas but hoping someone else has....

Callander Trossachs area? Or what about near Comrie Croft? Or Loch Earn head - off the national 7 Route

Back