Show us your man sized wheels.

FST4RD":je2gkhv4 said:
Show us your man sized wheels! None of these light weight wheels :LOL:

This is the wheelset I just finished off, I guess they're retro as well. They're going to go on my Giant ATX1.
Front wheel: NOS Sun Mammoth rim, Hope Big Un hub, NOS 3" Gazzaloddi, double butted spokes, motorbike tube - Weight without front axle and rotor, a pinch over 3kg :shock:
Rear wheel: NOS Sun Mammoth rim, Hope Big Un hub, 2.6" Gazzaloddi, double butted spokes, standard tube - Weight without rotor and cassette just over 2.6kg :shock:
Still yet to get the motorbike tube for the rear. Once I get the motorbike tube, the rotors and cassette, it should push the wheelset over 6kg :LOL:

Bombproof!!!!

Wibbly wobbly double butted spokes on those wheels?

Hope sports and D521 ceramics, 36h plain gauge front, 36h db rear Ti freehub body upgrade. The forks, disc brake (now maguras), and tyres are now gone. Oddly, I bought these wheels brand new, but had to buy one at a time as I was poor!

dsc03027bx.jpg

dsc03028rs.jpg

dsc03029j.jpg

Love those rims! Out of all my years of dh racing and bike bits I never once owned a set... still haven't, one day though.

FST4RD":1973c7cs said:
Love those rims! Out of all my years of dh racing and bike bits I never once owned a set... still haven't, one day though.

Thanks! Really, D521's were surely the default DH rim?

My pair - any ideas what hubs and rims they are? Are they Mammoths? The Hobe hubs have 6 slot centre lock fittings.

Tyres are Continental Vertical 2.3s

Nope, front and back are 24". The back is only a 2.2 so looks fairly normal but the front wheel is pretty ridiculous :LOL:

Rumble":mbbwqu4i said:
Nope, front and back are 24". The back is only a 2.2 so looks fairly normal but the front wheel is pretty ridiculous :LOL:

This is giving me ideas - how much bigger would the rear take - the full 3"?

Back