Bar Tape - Pics required

The History Man":2clrg71f said:
Old Ned":2clrg71f said:
Look at this -

http://www.wastedlife.org/bike/harlequin/index.html

Your life will never be the same again.........................

That's actually achievable! I think. Great link.

Haha! I was going to say google 'Harlequin' and you find all sorts of guides.

To be honest, I didn't do the harlequin wrap I posted the pic of but I've tried two colour and could never get it to the stage I was happy with. The problems begin as you go around the curve of the bars. As for the three colour harlequin in the pic, you either have to be some kind of pervert or best friends with a maypole dancer :)

Thanks all,

I found the Muppet vid very disturbing indeed!!! Thanks.

Back to the bar tape, it appears that i might be overlapping too much, the recent Gazelle mixte was odd as it has small bars and I ran out of tape before i got to where i wanted it to finish - I had to do it again. The Deda tape I used was half perforated and I overlapped it to leave the perforations in view.

I noticed in Robbies pics that the tape had around three quarters on view.

Thanks for the advice and i like the tip from bodrobert about the finish at the stem.

Richard

I've recently taken to cutting a diagonal bit off the first 3" of tape when starting at the ends (as you would when finishing in the middle) as I think it looks neater once the end plug is fitted... there's no bulge! :) Only applies if your end plugs are a nice tight fit though.

Back