MacRetro Clan Gathering - Sunday 8/June/08 -11am- Glentress

Decided on my steed for the 8th june. The bike will be..............................Drum roll.......................

Raleigh White Lightning

For those who say a Raleigh what !?!
I was informed by the Gurus on this site that its a 1989 XC Race bike made of Reynolds 653.
I've built it up in far from original but at least period spec and it rides brilliantly so I'm thoroughly looking to blitzing Glentress on it.

However for those of a delicate constitution I advise dark glasses in its presence as it has a trully lurid colour scheme of Dayglo pink overlaid onto dayglo orange overlaid onto white with bright graphics. I will be imediately recognized by my bike alone !!!!!!

I even refitted cantibrakes which I removed from virtually all my bikes back in 1996 when shimano produced the M600 V-brake. Braking requires a deal more planning now but I've not wrapped myself around a tree yet !

Oh happy days.........

Haggis I can offer a lift too but no means of bike transport. I normally chuck the bike in the back of the car. If you have a rack that'll fit an old focus or can get one?

Can also pick up from Glasgow, not too much of a detour.

I'll make it for sure now. [assuming I don't pick up any more injuries between now and then] I have also invited a couple of others - they might turn up I'll confirm soon.... but probably not on retro steeds.

I will be travelling from Dundee if anyone needs a lift or wants to carshare. Route either A90/M90/A702 - I can detour through Fife if required.

Do you have to pay to ride at glentress? I've never been since it has been done up [15 years or so].

The Ken":1ocwj2zo said:
Do you have to pay to ride at glentress? I've never been since it has been done up [15 years or so].

Nah carpark is £3.

Are We Ready,

Has everybody who needs a lift got one organised ?

Has everyone prepared their bikes and kit taking Scotlands weather into account ?

Has anyone got any more questions ?

Cheers

Velomaniac

Very much looking forward to it, weather forecast with met check is looking great, 20 degrees :cool:

Anyone got some tips on the best route from glasgow? Edinburgh and then down?

clockworkgazz":crmdsy6q said:
Very much looking forward to it, weather forecast with met check is looking great, 20 degrees :cool:

Anyone got some tips on the best route from glasgow? Edinburgh and then down?

Onto the M74 and down to the Abington junction head for Biggar then Peebles.

Work

Not going to make it anymore guys. Got to go back to work early afterall :evil: :evil: Thanks for the offer of the lifts to Glentress anyway

Back