Paris Galibier £45 - Wolverhampton

weeman_mtb":1w4nqnf7 said:
Almost wish I hadn't outed this now, just wanted to see someone get a bargain really.

Best of luck guys...

No worries, no one could have predicted it could become such a convoluted sale. At least I know not to bother with his £20 computer desk either :) Its probably the first ever example made by Ikea and really worth £1000.

plenty on useddudley/usedsandwell/usedwalsall etcetc only a few solid regular sellers on there and he aint one of them lol
was gonna say something when this thread was first put up but decided not to

raleighrider21":3kukqc3n said:
plenty on useddudley/usedsandwell/usedwalsall etcetc only a few solid regular sellers on there and he aint one of them lol

We live and learn :)

raleighrider21":1zirkjmq said:

Yeah, you didn't want to deprive us of this experience . :D

Who'd have imagined, that buying a bike could be so difficult.

This saga (auction) has ended; the bike eventually went for ten times the original asking price. Despite a sale having been agreed (three times), he reneged on the deal - not a great display of integrity. Sadly, I've experienced this kind of thing before.

In one of his last messages, he told me that the bike was mine . . . . . . . but only if I also included a 22" MTB - I think he's rather confused with frame sizes. I don't have a spare MTB, so that was me out of the equation.

It seems faintly ironic, that he mentioned a specific frame size for a MTB, when he couldn't even give the size of the Galibier.

I'd still love to know how he actually acquired the bike.

:/ Tough luck on that deal going west.

However, I think a forum for Fantasic Ad finds should start with the Paris in there. As well as the Cinelli currently languishing in the Pawn Shop. Maybe somekind of graphic award to the finder if a deal gets made? :)

Back