Paris here we come! We made it!

Re: Paris here we come! Insurance help required please.

Hi

Glad you took my advice on the rack. It won't let you down. I have done close to 7000ks with my rack. I would take the key and allen key just in case it does slip.

As for insurance, well I rode from Oviedo to Santiago on my own, and never had a worry except the one night that I had to leave it outside, but my Klein was there in the morning. The following year, we took two Kleins and went from Seville to Santiago with no problems. We had 3 bikes all together and the Spanish never let us leave them outside. They were always in the hotels.

This year, I have done quite a few road trips in Europe with our Klein road bikes and the hotels have been happy for us to have them in our room

Have you asked your home insurer about cover for cycles away from the home. Our insurer cover all our bikes away from home, ones valued over £1000 are named separately.

Carl

Cheers Carl, that's my next move, thanks. :D

Re: Paris here we come!

It wouldn't of been right to go all that way without representing! ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 475
Re: Paris here we come! Stage one complete

First leg done, Kingston to Newhaven, 75 miles with a lunch stop and two other breaks, more hills than we thought but OK. One pannier off after just 3 miles, not mine, other than that no other incidents so all good :D

Filling up on Italian food right now, ferry tomorrow!

Re: Paris here we come! Stage two complete

Ferry got in to Dieppe at 4pm yesterday and off we went, got on the Avenue Verte and covered 35 miles to Forges Les Eaux with no incidents in some great weather and lovely scenery. Great feed up last night, good sleep and getting ready to leave again, 50 miles ahead today unfortunately in the rain!

From left, Jimmy "the wheels", Little Pad, Roger Clarke-"Sky Sports", I took it so not in this one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 252
Network trouble out in the sticks yesterday hence no update but we did 52 miles with a lunch stop, one puncture and a low speed fall right at the end, Jim lost his balance and couldn't get his foot out in time, just a graze to the knee so nowt serious.

Arrived at a chateau in Breancon, wow, beautiful 17th century house full of old furniture and art works. The owner lived there on her own and made us very welcome, cooked a fantastic meal and kept bringing the wine from her cellar.

We crashed just after 1030 and were up for breakfast at eight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 240
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 240
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 240
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg