15th September - Glencoe Camp and ride out.

Ya bunch of pussies, Dave G (was on the blackmount trip) rode the west highland way south to north including down the devils staircase on a rigid 1994 cannondale, Man up.
(says the man that was almost crying on the torridon trip and won't be on this one (to slow you down))

I might join to this. Bunkhouse or hostel for me please. Who does entertainment if not The Ken?

The live "music" will be up the road from you in the Wild Goose Hostel in Fort William :)

Waterproofs Ewan, and another set to wear under your waterproofs to keep you dry :)

The Ken":1zhr81x5 said:
The live "music" will be up the road from you in the Wild Goose Hostel in Fort William :)

I wonder if the boys will still hear yer snorin :p

Bollocks.

Glencoe Independent Hostel totally booked. Nothing in either the hostel or bunkhoose.
Glencoe YHA only has a couple of beds left, so that's not much cop.

Obvious options I can see are camping - I think we'd need two cars anyway, with 5 of us coming up from central belt on the Saturday. Or could think about Blackwater hostel at Kinlochleven? Looks like they still have space (rooms or microlodges!) - Handy for us ending the ride, not so handy at the start.

Could the ride be tailored to start and finish in Kinlochleven?

If Keith just brought his tent without all the other stuff like umpteen chairs, full cookset etc then 4 of us could rough it with just sleeping bags and carry mats. Get yourself suitably merry on booze and camping becomes less uncomfortable. I have a bivvy tent I could occupy in the seating area of his tent thus increasing occupancy to five and keeping me safe from midges. We only need a full convoy if everyone insists on bringing everything and the kitchen sink. Personally happy to camp !

ewanm77":7k91gi7x said:
any advice on what i should bring with me i know the weather can change up there pretty fast

Try packing as per the weather forecast and then pack a warmer set of clothes and a cooler set, an stowable waterproof jacket in your pack is handy too. I'll probably be wearing shorts and a long sleeve top or a softshell and carry a jacket in my pack, I'll also have a spare set of gloves and a buff and hat for under my helmet if it gets really dreich. I've carried a spare base layer in my pack too but for the life of me I can never remember changing during the ride.

better go get a light jacket and some tubes.

if anyone needs anything taken up and im passing that way we will have plenty room in our car

Back