Peugeot Racer

I know they made a Peugeot Ten, so I guess a Peugeot Five must be his little brother. You can't really go wrong for £15 if its in half decent nick. Even if you just use it as a source of parts. Its probably running on 27" x 1 1/4" wheels, you'd struggle to find a pair of those for £15 :)

I had a Peugeot 5 .. She had a lugless 103 carbolite frame. She had cottered 48T chainset in polished steel 24-14 5 speed freewheel 27x1 1/4" wheels on Maillard hubs. Weinmann brakes with sissy levers on the bars (which rattled like anything). Full mudguards in metal but no carrier. All the gearing was Sachs Huret...

Mine was white with light/dark blue Peugeot decals on the top tube . I had it around 1985-6

I ended up in a nasty spill - split my head open and bent the forks. Got another set from the Peugeot distributor in Dublin. They were 700c forks and I changed the front wheel for a 700c !

I then duly painted it red white and blue the same as Stephen Roches Battaglin he won the '87 tour with.

It ended up a right bitza rat bike and I gave it to a friend as a bare frame !

I think the Peugeot Equipe was the same bike but Im open for correction

For £15 its deffo worth it. There was a time the country was full of that sort of Peugeot but now they have all but gone ! Get some pics up if you get your hands on it !

Back