15th September - Glencoe Camp and ride out.

If you can just step out your car at the top of the path then its 2 hours but you've got to traverse the other paths to get there. Calling the run the Devils Staircase and Cairan Path possibly over simplifies the epic we've set ourselves :roll:

possible shorter options would be

up the Devils staircase then the long fast sweepy descent into Kinlochleven on the WHW and then the long loop back to glencoe via off/limited onroad. (misses out the ciaran path) this is probably 5-6hours i reckon

Up the DS, descent to kinlochleven then back up the way we came.

or we just do the Ciaran path as a loop from kinlochleven, climb up the WHW path to the blackwater damn, cross then back down the Ciaran Path - thats maybe the 2 hour route described elsewhere. so prob a bit short.

Must admit I'd be keener to either cut the chit chat or start earlier than compromise the ride, without sounding like a broken record I only get a handful of passes and I'd rather make the most of it.

:LOL: :LOL:

bu you still want to ride with the macretro massive :shock:

do agree, looks like I have a pass for this and I would be keen to try and do it in a reasonable time with less stops/bletherfests albeit I better get some miles in to make sure I can walk the walk so to speak.

The original loop will be fine, but an earlier start than 10.30 wouldn't hurt.
Pitmedden in a big group always turns into more chatting than riding, it's different out in open hills. It'll be too exposed to stop much but we can always huddle in and shelter behind Keith :LOL:

Lol clubby....yahoorsir.

Yep be better to do the whole ride, so for the single dayers, what time would be ok to start for u guys getting there? 9am riding by 9.30 or earlier?

Say 8 hours back for 6 latest. Same distance as aviemore but double the climb should be doable?

We can with either meet on the carpark at the bottom of the devils staircase, the kingshouse hotel or at the clachaig all should be quiet at that time, either way we have to do the loop back.

Aye, surely has to be the whole ride, let's not go all that way and only do a part of it - and mind we managed the C2C a couple of years back in a reasonable time, and it didn't feel like we were pushing it too hard.

Alright... For the bunkhoose:

- Velo
- Zigzag
- Keithyr
- Jamie
- Radek

Day-trippers:

- gazz
- chiefy
- gmac
- clubby
- hawmaw?

Camping (Red Squirrel):

- Mr P (maybes aye, maybes naw)
- Ewan

Bunkhoose has 3 rooms that sleeps a total of 16, so I'll see if they've got any space. If not I'll just book the hostel. Will give them a bell tomorrow.

Anymore for any more?

I'm happy to just get on with it on the whole loop. It may have been evident at Pitmedden that I was impatient with all the long stops. When your a skinny fella like me you cool down too quickly and thus need to keep moving.

Latest posts

Back