Family bikes - Pug + Townsend which is now a Gazelle Mixte!

Re: 2 family bikes - Peugeot + Townsend - now Gazelle Mixte!

Thanks chaps,

You made me smile on this tearful evening.

Richard

Re: 2 family bikes - Peugeot + Townsend - now Gazelle Mixte!

Tearful ..Christ Richard, its only an Ulster summer, bit like Noah , 40 days and nights of rain. that's tearful ...enough already.. i'm looking at boat plans if it doesn't shine up some bloody soon.. will

Re: Family bikes - Pug + Townsend which is now a Gazelle Mix

A bit of an addition to this tale -

As a few of you may know, i had some issues with the rear wheel and in trying to address these the rear mech's top pivot fell apart - i am currently planning to fix it and it may go back on the mixte however, last week I got busy with the rear wheel issues and after a tremendous amount of messing around with just about every part, I think i have it sorted.

I have a set of Sora mechs on the bike, I have removed a cog on the rear to give more access to the wheel and i have a spacer behind the block. I then shortened the axle by about 1mm on each end to allow the QR's to work effectively. And, my final change may be the seat post, i put the aero one on for looks but due to its' s shape it can only go down so far. My wife reackons the saddle is too high and to address this I have ordered another seat post. The original one was chrome and was showing signs of age.

If i get it sorted this week, final pics will be posted. I should add that my dear wife has fallen off it again, luckily only a slight score to one pedal was the only damage.

On my gravestone it will say 'he built a mixte for his wife - never again'.

Richard

Back