It begins. Again.

Just cables and front tyre and its ready to ride. Got another Lotus decal as a head badge. I may fit some mudguards, as much to eat up the clearances bit than for use in wet weather.

That's looking rather splendid, I would have given my back teeth when I was a youngster for a set of Weinmann centre pull brakes

All finished. Discovered the front wheel was a mess, ended up having to re-dish it, which was a fun job. Not.

For reasons not know the rear tyre kept deflating, but no sign of a puncture in the tube or a leak in the valve. Refitted the tube and it seems fine now, bizarrely.

Pics as soon as it stops raining.

Is that the end of the road season then?

Nice frame by the way.

Saw my first GP at Silverstone in 77. Wasn't Mario in the JPS? Had that on one bedroom wall and Barry on the other.

Thanks. While sorting the wheel I noticed the front hub is by Normandy, and looking at pic on Google I suspect it may be a decade older than the rest of the bike.

Very. I'm only average with wheel building and trueing so didnt enjoy it. It think it's ok but if it needs any further attention I'll take it to Roy Pinks and let one of his boys see to it.

Looking forward to the first test ride.

Latest posts

Back