Should i sell my modern 26er and go 27.5 ?

jonnyboy666":2r7bxfno said:
you're on retrobike and and talking about selling your modern bike because it's obsolete? :facepalm:

:LOL: ;)

:) This is the modern bit of RB , I love my Yeti Fro 1990 but I know its obsolete, I even love its 1 1/4 inch head tube (thats not weird right?) :) and i dont hoooon round Swinley on it thats what my modern bikes for.

in all seriousness, i'm not worried, i like my normal 26 inch set up, i have sort of got a 29er on the way but in real terms it's a replacement for a cross bike. the 27.5/650 thing, it may catch on, it may replace 26, when i need a new bike again i'd consider it but as with all things i decide to spend my money on i'll make the decision at the time once all the info is there.

if you like your current set up, and it's no where near worn out then keep it.

yes and hurry, 26er are disappearing quicker thant wyane roonies hair.

(I've got a bigger prob than you since all my many bikes are 26ers :( )

I went out for a training road ride earlier on my Dave yates with it's crusty, old-fashioned 26" wheels. Honestly, I was so embarrassed I wished I was cycling with a black bin bag over me with eye holes cut out. I'm not sure I'll ever get over the trauma of being seen out on such last-week, untrendy and frankly horrifically old-fashioned wheels. I only live in the vague help that some counselling might help me learn to cope some day until I can afford some 29" or 650 wheels that I can joyfully tweet pictures of to my trendy friends in the twittersphere :oops: .

Stick with 26ers if you want there are billions out there. Oh, and I cannot fookin' stand Twitter and don't have an account :mrgreen: .

The thing I like most about the bigger wheels is you get around your local loop quicker so can go home sooner and spend more time indoors watching telly, and that's a good thing because there are so many excellent programs on modern digital TV :D

GuyWood":accrlhr2 said:
I went out for a training road ride earlier on my Dave yates with it's crusty, old-fashioned 26" wheels. Honestly, I was so embarrassed I wished I was cycling with a black over me with eye holes cut out. I'm not sure I'll ever get over the trauma of being seen out on such last-week, untrendy and frankly horrifically old-fashioned wheels. I only live in the vague help that some counselling might help me learn to cope some day until I can afford some 29" or 650 wheels that I can joyfully tweet pictures of to my trendy friends in the twittersphere :oops: .

Brilliant :D

GuyWood":j4lt3x0v said:
I went out for a training road ride earlier on my Dave yates with it's crusty, old-fashioned 26" wheels. Honestly, I was so embarrassed I wished I was cycling with a black over me with eye holes cut out. I'm not sure I'll ever get over the trauma of being seen out on such last-week, untrendy and frankly horrifically old-fashioned wheels. I only live in the vague help that some counselling might help me learn to cope some day until I can afford some 29" or 650 wheels that I can joyfully tweet pictures of to my trendy friends in the twittersphere :oops: .

Stick with 26ers if you want there are billions out there. Oh, and I cannot fookin' stand Twitter and don't have an account :mrgreen: .

:LOL: :LOL: long live 26''

What is the point in all these silly wheel sizes. Ok so a 29er may roll better but would it not affect the handling of the bike in a negative way? With the wheels having a bigger diameter are they not more susceptible to flex? A couple of years ago 29ers were all the rage, along with Single Speed. Now it's all 650b! What advantage do these offer over 29 or 26?

All stupid talk to me. I think I'll stick with my 26" wheels thank you. They've done me since I moved from a BMX and will do until I can't buy tyres anymore.

I think that part of the reason I don't 'get' them is because 99.9% of the trails I ride (or rode) weren't open and free flowing, so one of the main apparent 'benefits' of the bigger wheel is completely lost. Stick a 29er and a 26er down a techy, twisty descent and see which one gets to the bottom first.

Latest posts

Back