Retrobike National Series Rd 5: Surrey Hills ~ 18/08/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are going to Leith Hill? If so what time at the tower? Will you be eating before the climbs?

Chute55uk":18d5h7oj said:
just saw a height restriction on the car park, :?

Yep, but how narrow is your car/van? Squeeze between the two gates? ;)

9507717147_b102ee8cce_c_d.jpg

Full Size Image here: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3788/9507 ... 59_o_d.jpg

There is a Roadside Parking Bay a little down the road.. About a hundred metres or so by the looks of it..

9510563936_4acfe7a949_c_d.jpg

Roon is the man on point, that car park is 50 yards away on the other side of the road.

@tintin if you look at the map I posted on page 2 you will see the whole route and also that we do indeed go up Leigh Hill, it is the first climb of the day. The lunch stop is roughly halfway round at Sutton Harbinger and yes there are a few climbs afterwards

If you what to use the over height carpark get there early as they have added fencing to it and it is smaller now and fills quickly with cars who can't be bothered to use the large carpark as it is an extra 20 metres to walk up to the tower... :evil:

I did have 99% of a retrobike due to a stripped thread on a brake lever, but am pleased to say that thanks to a helicoil I am back up to 100%. The NOS has been test run, so it is all now nearly NOS and when I tell you it is NOS on Sunday, I will in fact be telling fibs. Childish car park skids on NOS green Wildslippers do rip the knobs off. Kids- you have been warned! Tintin will be leading the prologue sprint to the tower, where he will commence to eat cake. Others will be encouraged to order herbal tea or a skinny late in a braying voice while wearing red trousers. Once the cake is consumed, the group will advance ten yards before splitting into those taking the easy route and those taking the steep route. One member of the group will at this point be required to attempt the steep route on a fully rigid bike and cause his/ her forks to collapse. Group A will shortly afterwards find themselves beside a cricket pitch. Group B will find themselves lost in the woods. The rest of the ride should largely follow the same format unless it rains in which case total carnage will reign due to the combination of crap tyres and wet tree roots. At lunch break I will attempt to eat somebody else's meal. If I have already crashed in the woods, I will be asking for a volunteer to deputise for me in my absence. See you Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back