Advice needed about problem with seller. Mavic CXP30

eurodunc

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Hi all, I could do with some advice.

In the topic in the link below I bought a pair of Mavic CXP30 rims which, despite the description, came with only enough eyelets for 1 rim.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=238587

What do people think would be a good value for compensation for the missing eyelets? Unfortunately, it is impossible to just buy the eyelets from anywhere so I would have to buy a broken wheel that I could get the eyelets from.

I reckon to find a broken wheel would cost about 20euros. The seller thinks less. Some of the price clearly would have to cover getting a broken wheel posted to me.

Can the people on here give us some advice? What would be a sensible price? Anyone got an old Mavic CXP30 rim with the eyelets?

Thanks a lot

Have you tried having a word or email with Mavic? I know they don't produce these rims anymore but they are usually pretty helpful.

Hi, Yes I tried that (phoning the UK office in Frimley, Surrey) but they told me that they are unable to sell the eyelets separately. :(

It seems you've bought something that can't be used for its intended purpose, and wheels come in pairs! I'd say full refund.

full refund has to be an option for both parties, without the bad history a compromise would have been easier, given postal cost is now so high (but not sure where you are ?) 20 euro does not sound unreasonable in my view dependent on finding donor wheel which is a risk, I'd certainly be looking for one while it gets sorted, and not sure why seller would be arguing about 10 euro given bearing cost of return postage for it all unless he thinks enforcement is too difficult in Poland and he can get away with it, if it was an honest mistake then it was his and he should rectify.

Simple, the seller sold something which turned out to be not as described. Despite the chances of another adapter being sourced the seller either has to supply the missing part or offer a full refund inc return postage. If this happened on eBay the seller would be 100% bang to rights and he knows it.

I think someone else had a problem with this seller.

Here it is.
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=243443

Did you use Paypal gift? If so then you have no chance of making a claim with Paypal otherwise make the claim straight away and they will stop the money. You then have a few days to sort it out. But I think your time runs out after a certain period and the seller gets your money and you're stuffed. That's the case with an Ebay claim, but I think Paypal have a bit more clout.

Good luck. Bad trading sucks big time!

agentorange":mrki9oaz said:
Simple, the seller sold something which turned out to be not as described. Despite the chances of another adapter being sourced the seller either has to supply the missing part or offer a full refund inc return postage. If this happened on eBay the seller would be 100% bang to rights and he knows it.

If this happened on ebay the buyer is responsible for return postage

It's good you bought this up, as it will seriously damage the sellers reputation which is necessary if the seller has no intention of making things right.

You should also get in touch with the mods as the seller seems to be trying to shift a lot of bikes, some of which have been very dodgy, here's one;

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=259911

It's of course no immediate help to you, but it gives us all a heads up.

Back