Paris here we come! We made it!

Vinevo

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
Going on a little adventure with a few mates, not sure who's idea it was but I was asked and after lots of thought decided I could just squeeze it in with work and family commitments. Of course it's also forced me to get riding alot more which has been great! :D

After deciding to go and thinking I don't really have a suitable bike for this type of riding, all being 80s and
90s geometry, heavy or not having any eyelets for rack mounting, I found myself considering the purchase of a lovely new Genesis Equilibrium. A few days later thinking something will have to go to allow the purchase of another bike :facepalm: and not wanting to let anything go, I put that thought of new purchase on hold.

The following weekend was the Klein meet at Richmond Park and here I met David who has a Klein Top Gun with a rack fitted which attaches via four ratchet positions to the seat stays, I hadn't seen one of these before so I then realised talking my Attitude was a possibility.

Anyway, does anyone have any advice on where I can get some insurance for my bike whilst I am away, anyone been in the same sort of situation before? Standard travel insurance is straight forward which is in hand.

Cheers, Ash.

Re: Paris here we come! Insurance help required please.

So I will be taking my trusty old Attitude on a little holiday to Pairs, here it is from the other week with Ground Controls fitted, it has some semi-slicks fitted now.

And here is the rack and panniers that will be getting fitted shortly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 1,212
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,212
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 1,212
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 1,212

my van always provides a great back drop, for photographing retro bikes, be good to see a picture with the racks fitted :cool:

Try Cycleguard, never used them myself but I know a few folk who have had cover, they have come up trumps when needed.

Rack and pans fitted, never thought I would see the day with my Attitude fitted out like this!

Dan, ta for suggestion, I have tried a few companies now that I have found online but they all seem to be offering annual insurance with added benefits such as travel abroad, I was hoping to just find a policy to cover a short trip as I do already have cover at home, perhaps I am trying to find something that doesn't exist.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 1,155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 1,155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 1,155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 1,155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 1,155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 1,155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 1,155

nice!! the rack looks great, yellow suits the backfire too :cool:

bluedazzler":3q20c0d5 said:
nice!! the rack looks great, yellow suits the backfire too :cool:

Cheers, I went for function/safety/fashion and I reckon yellow works too.

Here's a gratuitous shot of my missus sporting the same panniers on her Kona Jake - also in France ........

She's got Ortliebs, and I've got Vaudes. Can't go wrong with either IME.

Enjoy the trip!

Regards

I heard Thule were doing these racks but from the www I couldn't see a UK supplier. Where did you get hold of these?

Looks really good all round by the way. Exciting trip ahead you lucky boy.

Back