Framesets - Team RTS / AMP B2 / Manitou FS

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
This is purely speculative at the moment - I'm just putting the feelers out.

I may be in a position soon where I'm able to build up one of the bikes I used to dream about when I was in my teens back in the mid 90s. The bike would be based around either a Team RTS frame, Manitou FS Frame or a Mongoose Amplifier/AMP B2 frame (the one with the twin downtubes).

I realise that these frames may not be quite as boutique as some, but they're pretty hard to come by nonetheless, which is why I'm putting a speculative post up now.

I need the frame to be small (so either a 14.5", 16" or somewhere near). I also need it to be in good mechanical condition and free from any dents, or major marks/scratches (or cracks in the case of the Manitou ;) ).

Right, that's that done. Now just the wait :D

I have a 16" Amp B3 frame if thats any good? British racing green, all in very nice condition, CRAZY light for a full suspension frame, feels lighter than my 2004 Explosif frame.

thefunkymunki":pxw08vr9 said:
I have a 16" Amp B3 frame if thats any good? British racing green, all in very nice condition, CRAZY light for a full suspension frame, feels lighter than my 2004 Explosif frame.

Sorry, but ideally it has to be the twin downtubed B2 I'm afraid as that's the one I remember drooling over! :D

Barneyballbags":2mamdnz9 said:
thefunkymunki":2mamdnz9 said:

Sorry, but ideally it has to be the twin downtubed B2 I'm afraid as that's the one I remember drooling over! :D
I just sold mine, the frame and fork together are lighter than a GT LTS I acquired recently. I also sold a Mongoose Amplifier not that long ago - very nice indeed they are too. If you need a white decal set, let me know as during my restoration I had a few extras printed.

On the RTS side of things, I have a team that is not leaving the stable, but I also have an RTS-1 (I think), which is practically the same thing, and has the noleen piggy back rear suspension and cro-mo rear stays. I may be tempted to sell it in the near future to fund what have now become a long list of annoying things that keep going wrong in life (cars, roofs, trees in the wind falling dowm etc etc).

Can't help with a Manitou - never had one, love the look of them, but would be too scared to fit a headset and BB in one, let alone actually ride it.

Barneyballbags":31o1xe1q said:
Thanks ishaw - drop me a line if you decide to sell the RTS. Ideally I'd like a Team though :)

Cheers
Not sure there is much difference bar the decals. I've a spare alu rear end that would make it a team.

ishaw":342wy1nd said:
Barneyballbags":342wy1nd said:
Thanks ishaw - drop me a line if you decide to sell the RTS. Ideally I'd like a Team though :)

Cheers
Not sure there is much difference bar the decals. I've a spare alu rear end that would make it a team.

Drop me a pm with a few more details if/when you decide to sell :)

Back