Looking to have a flutter

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
been pondering of late to start using a little bit of cash per week or month on some bets.
i've never been a gambling man, but i appreciate that it could be fun and useful should i make a small win every now and again.

so, anyone out there do this sort of thing?
i dont know much about the terminology and i've got a very loose grasp on 'odds' etc....

i've heard the word 'accumulator' and i'm sh*t at poker, so none of that online poker business for me.
just either straight up bets or something else that requires little involvement/strategy.....
i have by no means an addictive personality and can control myself with these sorts of things.

any advice (sarcastic or otherwise) appreciated :)

greencat":xqwww5av said:
National lottery? Premium Bonds? Stocks and Shares ISA?

considered, but looking to see if there are any other ways that might make more regular, smaller windfalls....
or am i being a little optimistic..??

If you like the idea of a gamble but are risk averse so want to protect your capital a big +1 for Premium Bonds.

You buy your bonds and every once in a while you get a "prize" cheque in the post for between £25 and £1m and it's tax free. You can cash in your premium bonds whenever you want so your original outlay is always safe. Some months you win multiple prizes, some months you win none, if you're desperate for money you can cash your bonds in. You can buy them the Post Office. Minimum outlay is £100 and maximum £30,000.

As long as you set a limit and don't chase losses, this can be a good interest and some fun...

Lets say that you choose to play with a fiver on a Saturday and decide to predict the outcome of some football matches in an accumulator bet... To keep it simple we'll use three games at odds of evens, 2-1 and 7-4.

An accumulator means all three games have to match your prediction to see a return.

So You put £5 on Manchester United at Evens to beat Chelsea.

Evens means your return is double your stake, so if Man U win you have £10 going on the next game (of course they might be playing at the same time).

Your next game is Aston Villa to beat Liverpool at odds of 2-1. This means you get back £2 for every £1 staked, so if Villa win your £10 from the Man U will above becomes £20 (plus your £10 stake back) meaning £30 going onto your final game.

This is Newcastle and Spurs to draw at 7/4. The sum here is 30 divided by 4 (£7.50) multiplied by 7 (£52.50) plus the stake of £30, meaning an overall return of £82.50 for your original £5 bet.

Sounds easy money doesn't it! The reality is an accumulator like that might come in once every four months or so... that means you might have lost eighty quid anyway! (16x5).

I hope this isn't to simplistic and I'm not telling you something you already know...

PM if you want to discuss further...

Also, if you are thinking of online bookmakers... Skybet are running a deal where if you stake £5 or more on an accumulator bet (with cumulative odds of 5-1 or more, the bet aboves cumulative odds are slightly more than 16-1) they will give you a free £5 bet every week you do this throughout the football season... Effectively a double chance...

had a bet every week one season;never bet less than a fiver
and lost £8.00.
did accys only on footy
best bet is a system ;that you dont change according to whim imho
say both teams to score
pick 4 or 5 teams and keep on betting
up the stake for say 5 bets then take it back down if you dont win
if you keep loosing take a break
gambling for a living nick mordin good book to read
hard thing to do ;i treat it as a hoby
but hate loosing money.
another thing is run tests and check if an idea works over time
without risking dosh

twain":209svww0 said:
been pondering of late to start using a little bit of cash per week or month on some bets.
i've never been a gambling man, but i appreciate that it could be fun and useful should i make a small win every now and again.

so, anyone out there do this sort of thing?
i dont know much about the terminology and i've got a very loose grasp on 'odds' etc....

i've heard the word 'accumulator' and i'm sh*t at poker, so none of that online poker business for me.
just either straight up bets or something else that requires little involvement/strategy.....
i have by no means an addictive personality and can control myself with these sorts of things.

any advice (sarcastic or otherwise) appreciated :)

Send me £20 a month, & at a surprise time once a year I'll give you £40 back. PM me to get started.

I won't impose any limits, and I definitely guarantee the more you give me the more I'll give you back.

Back