Objects from your youth........

Talk about triggering memories! I had one of these. That I'd totally forgotten about.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 279
The History Man":2p8x5o67 said:
Talk about triggering memories! I had one of these. That I'd totally forgotten about.

I had one of those, too - loved that when I was a kid. It was the silver thing on the nose you pressed that fired the big rocket into your brother's eye.

Ah, the memories, the bruises...

I still have, boxed with all missiles, hands and other choking hazards, an Optimus Prime, Starscream and Soundwave from 1983!

G

The History Man":kxbkghdh said:
Ye God's, the Interceptor. Superb toy that fired a heavy plastic missile at fearsome velocity. Would never be allowed today in our nanny state health and safety culture, alas.

I had a StarTrek Starship Enterprise model that you loaded plastic discs into a rotary magazine held in the saucer section. You fired them with a spring from the front of the saucer, photon torpedo style. Could hit my brother with multiple shots from across a room. In true StarTrek fashion his Klingon Bird of Prey had an inferior weapons system for return fire. Ah the good old days before H&S :LOL:

It's worth noting that Tri-Ang, who made the scooters, bikes, and pedal cars of you youth, were the main producers of the Sten Gun. :p

there used to be these:
31432_1.jpg

and yes, the world back then was grim and black and white.

I have a complete set of the original "vintage" starwars figures dating from 1977-1983. All with their original weapons and accessories and in mint condition....3/4 of them were mine from new and when I discovered them again about 10 years ago I set about aquiring the missing characters!

My antiques roadshow of the future! :LOL:

There's a Gerry Andersen theme for my favourites. How about these?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 174
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 174
Back