Any ID(eas) on this unknown red frame?

Double-E F

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi,

Bought this, stealthy listed, bike off Marktplaats this weekend after being triggered by the vgc Flite.

p4pb9956876.jpg

p4pb9956881.jpg

Closer inspection revealed a complete XT M730/5/6 grouppo

p4pb9956880.jpg

p4pb9956879.jpg

p4pb9956877.jpg

Apparently, the forks (RST 400) have led a heavy life and I doubt whether they´re worth salvaging. However, I have no clue what that frame is. It looks quite low end, but why was it hung with such nice parts (up and including the UN71 BB and a vgc Cateye computer, both still perfectly usable)?

Any ideas?

p4pb9956899.jpg

p4pb9956903.jpg

p4pb9956896.jpg

Your help is appreciated :D !

E

Re: Unknown red frame

Those unslotted cable stops on the top tube ring a bell.....they should be a clear give away but my brain is broken :oops:

Re: Unknown red frame

Look at the dial on the seat (bit where the rails go in at the front) for it's date. Not the big numbers near the back.

I would guess the frame is of similar age and the forks are later.

What's the serial stamp on it. I find it hard to tell the difference between the early 90's Alu frames as they all have a similar look. The slight bending in the chainstays might hep.

Thanks for the input so far.
I'll check the date on that Flite again :oops: .

I have looked all over for a serial number, but there's none to be found (at least not in the obvious places).

Racin'snake, have your brains recovered already?

Anyone else any clues?

Whats that clamp around the bottom of the head tube? is it a strengthener 'cos its cracked?

Gruff":1bnaf571 said:
Whats that clamp around the bottom of the head tube? is it a strengthener 'cos its cracked?

Could be, or alternativley a strenghtener to stop it cracking

Back