MERCIER Road Bike in team colours. Gold Simlex/Mafac GroupS

Re: MERCIER Road Bike in team colours. Gold Simlex/Mafac Gr

thanks, i think you're right it could be 70's, im away all day but will check the decals in the evening, from what i remember though they are just shop stickers.

one of the decals actually show services des courses. but back in the days Mercier put them one alot of bikes. Just marketing, comparable with bikes like Raleigh Ti Team replica's. anyway it is a really great bike with amazing bling parts on it. me like!

o so here's the better photo of the sticker

thanks for all the help with identifying the bike

so would the "service des course" sticker indicate that it could be REYNOLDS 531?

I agree that putting stickers on the bike was a marketing practice, but what makes more sense is to use those marketing methods on the lower range bikes...
it seems quite unlikely to put jewellery on cheap frame.

Anyways all the questions make it quite interesting.

Is the seat tube measured 60cm centre to centre or centre to top? Does this bike have mudguard eyelets?

Yes it does have mudguards eyelets. I can't remember exactly whether it was was top to centre or centre to centre. I'm away for next couple of weeks but I can have someone back home measure it again and then ill let you know in couple of days. I think it was centre to centre thought.

Is this bike still for sale ?

If so where are you based ?

Thank you

Hello. Yes the bike is still for sale. I'm based in London.
Going back to the length of the seat tube question it is 61cm from top to centre.

Last few days on RetroBike forum before moving it to ebay.

Back