Sunn Xchox 97

jaypee

Senior Retro Guru
Never done a build thread before so here goes:

Bought this ages ago and the guy was offering to deliver locally so I got him to drop it off at my Grandpa's. I've seen it a few times but it was never convenient to bring it home.

It'll need a fair bit of work. Full strip and rebuild probably. I don't think it'll need any parts apart from a seat-clamp bolt. Wanna get that soon so I can tell if it's big enough. I'm hoping to save the air-oil obsys55 forks but for now they're flat. I've found some user manuals online (with the help of some good old helpful retrobikers) and I have a mate who can't wait to get his hands on them. Me I've never touched a sus fork before.

This'll probably be a very slow burner - if I finish before next summer I'll be happy!

DSC_0954_zps391d77b2.jpg

DSC_0956_zps6893fda2.jpg

Cheers Coomber :cool:

So it is, never heard of them before but a quick search reveals one on here. Main difference is this is cromo. Not sure how much difference that will make with the full-sus but it has a certain appeal. I also like the fact it looks like a hard-tail at first glance due to the rear shock being so discretely tucked in. All just appearance but the little I can find suggests people liked how these rode too.

The forks are very low travel (65mm?) So imagine the rear is similar,and it should ride nicely like a hard tail almost? Either way take your time and report back, like seeing something different.

How is this coming along then Jay ? looks a really interesting project :D
what happened with the Saracen in the end ?

Cheers Paul.

Back