Cannondale 1988/80 m700?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coomber

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Need to do some digging to confirm exact model. And will take better pictures too as its lived in a shed for two many years.

18inch centre top. All original, good points are frame and forks look good for age. Stem and cranks in vgc.

Bad bits: any exposed steel bit rusty. Notably chain and cassette (junk), clamps for thumbies and seatbolt qr. Needs new tubes as flat and probably rim tape.

Cannot offer postage as yet but may be able to later in a few months. If I do price will change, discount is based on hassle free pickup from East Devon, Sidmouth Honiton Exeter Taunton. Asking £145 but open to sensible suggestions.

dmouth, Honiton, Exeter, Taunton.

Re: Cannondale 1988 m700?

Seatpost moves free. Rust free except as mentioned. Any inspection welcome, will make a brew for you too.

Vinevo":2m4mj7en said:
If you were closer I would have that!

I'll bear it in mind if I can post. Quite difficult at the most but should be able to in a month perhaps..

Serial number: 20082388107 which makes it a 1988 frame (wait to be corrected on that).

Sizes: 22" top tube centre to centre
Seattube: 16.5" centre centre, 18." centre top
Chainstay - standard 17"

Still waiting for new camera cable to arrive, but more pics from the phone:

Lovely welds

Beautiful chainset

The one main mark on paintwork

Hand crafted aluminium! The inside of the drive chainstay - that is glue. Next to no chainstay marks on this.

Saddle rails could do with cleaning up, but saddle otherwise ok except needs a dab of glue here:

Diacompe levers.

Serial number

Rusty cassette!

Better photos to come I promise.

Happy to have a little haggle on the price. Would rather this went to a good home, as its beautiful just not my thing really. If you have a saracen kili on the other hand....

THIS HASNT BEEN CLEANED but will be when I can get around to it.

That's exactly the same spec as the 24" wheeled one I just finished (and sold). They were even made on the same day although mine was a bit earlier in the production line (#003).

I can't find a model in the catalogues that matches. Maybe a non catalogue bike or a different countries spec?

Raiden73 has kindly decyphered the code as

20", 082388 = production date August 23rd 1988, 107 = sequence number 107

So a cannondale 20" frame. I am 6" 2" and it is comfy with plenty of room either side.

coomber":13hj7iq9 said:

Can't believe you spelled my name wrong, it's an anagram of my real name, c'mon you should be able to spell it all things considered :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back