MacRetro chat and rides thread

I quite enjoy the place as well, as you say it's good for a work out tackling it in laps. nice flow section from the windturbine to the bottom of the duelling downhill. tough bit along the bottom working up to the triple choice drop off (particularly hard when you're trying to keep on radeks wheel). then back along the length of the woods, the first section picking your way through the rocks then fun singletrack before the drag to the carpark.. and repeat.

Gaz also discovered a alternative track through the middle cutting out some of the elevation that can be made into a smaller lap with less climbing

Did anyone manage to get up (what I'm now calling) the wall, at the end of the wooded section? But aye the climbs were short and nasty, glad I had the triple anyway!

Looks fun Kaiser, not interested though if you dont wear fancy dress. If I and any other MacRetro take part we must do fancy dress otherwise your boring !

Had quite fancied it, but it's a bit pricey for four stages plus a "special stage" in the town centre. They say it'll take 1.5 - 4 hours but I bet the longer time is for those stuck at the back in the queues. By the looks of it all the stages will be up Kinnoul hill which I know quite well. I'll do a Macretro special of £10 a head for a guided tour instead :D

Rumble":1952greg said:
Oof. First race in the "masters" category, I must be catching up with you old duffers :(

Lucky sod, if I do it it'll be just about my last race in the masters.

Back