1988 Colnago Master MTB with XT set and bling-bling rims

ferkovacska

Dirt Disciple
Hey folks'

I'm selling this beautiful 1988/89 (?) Colnago Master off-road mountain bike equipped with Shimano Deore XT groupset and some really cool components:

- frameset:
- Colnago Master Mountain frame with Columbus Gilco Design tubes. 50 cm size;
- rigid Colnago pantographed steel fork;
- beautiful Colnago headset;

- wheelset:
- ultra-rare Ambrosio California 'Off Road Competition' fully red anodized rims with a nice aero dynamic shape;
- Shimano XT M730 hubs;
- inox Formula spokes, the original Hutchinson tyres;

- drivetrain & shifting:
- Shimano XT FC-M730 crankset, with 170mm arms and 48/38/28 Biopace II chainrings;
- Shimano XT PD-M730 pedals;
- Shimano XT BB-M730 bottom bracket;
- Shimano 6 speed freewheel + new KMC chain (not pictured on the images);
- Shimano XT FD-M730 front derailleur;
- Shimano XT RD-M735 rear derailleur (not the original);
- Shimano XT SL-M730 thumbies with indexed/friction option;

- braking:
- Shimano XT BR-M730 cantilever (front);
- Shimano XT BR-M731 "Shark Tooth" U-brake, mounted under the chainstay;
- Shimano XT BL-M730 with 4 position lever reach adjustment and rubber cover;

- handling:
- Italmanubri (ITM) Mach3 ergal handlebar with unusual teardrop profile + the original foam grips;
- the matching ITM stem;
- a weird ITM seatpost;
- Avocet Mountain W30 saddle;

The bike was barely used judging by the really good condition of the consumables (freewheel, chainrings, brake pads etc.). Still, being stored negligently for a long time has affected the frame a bit, it has a few rusty spots here and there and some of the decals started to fade out/peel. This might give a worn look to it, but I'm pretty sure a new decal set would make wonders to this bike. Also, the tyres need to be replaced, the running surface is like new but the sidewalls started to fall apart.

I found the bike with a broken rear derailleur (probably the reason why it wasn't used). I tried to replace it with the exact same model but the best option I had was an M735, which is pretty much the same thing as the M730

Otherwise, the bicycle is in a really-really good overall shape, the rims are perfectly true, the bearings run smooth and there are no technical issues or hidden damages. All the components work great, and - besides the fact that it's a part of MTB history - it's a fully functional mountain bike.

You can find a bunch more detailed images here. Let me know if you need more of them: http://imgur.com/a/U0vUZ#0 . Check the top-right corner for the full resolution. It will be shipped as ready to ride with new cabling and chain (missing from the images).

Thanks for checking!

- F

Attachments

• aDSC_7459.jpg
    aDSC_7459.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 2,962
  • aDSC_7464.jpg
    aDSC_7464.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 2,963
  • aDSC_7468.jpg
    aDSC_7468.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 2,963
Hi,
I had one just like this down to the rims, seatpost and handlebar/stem so I would think it´s all original.
Would be interested in this - rest via PM.

Greetings from Utah, USA,

Great bike, absolutely wonderful. Are you willing to ship it to the USA? If so, what would you charge and what would accept in US dollars?

Thanks!

Scott

Back