Help bleeding Avid Elixer 3 brakes

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Has anyone bled this type of brake, (it would be awesome if someone in Dorset fancied the challenge for beer money) My LBS's cant fit the bike in for a couple of days and I am on Holiday this weekend.

Buyer came to pick up my 2007 Giant Terrago only for the rear brake to seize on. Pretty sure I got the bleed kit when I got the brake.

Was working fine then after a ride it seemed to rub, then seized on completely. But the brake is almost new and only done a couple of miles :x :?

Have I missed something silly :facepalm:

1. remove avids from bike

2. place in bin

3. fit shimano XT brakes

4. live happly ever after

merckx":1b36vmoa said:
1. remove avids from bike

2. place in bin

3. fit shimano XT brakes

4. live happly ever after

I am getting rid of the bike anyway, just need them to work so I can sell the piece of junk :twisted:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back