Wookiee's 1990 Marin Eldridge Grade (now up for sale)

Re: Wookiee's 1990 Marin Eldridge Grade new pics page 4

Chute55uk":2j9ykq77 said:
Yep you inspired me

Ha thats a first! Me an inspiration! Is it an Eldridge? Cummon a bit more info needed!

Re: Wookiee's 1990 Marin Eldridge Grade

wookiee":sf5slexp said:
Oh and a slight casualty has occurred...I know that you are not supposed to harm children....BUT my boy (only 3 1/2) managed to knock a step ladder onto the Team damaging the "N" of the downtube Marin decal on one side!!!! :shock:

Not sure what I am going to do yet maybe I'll just leave it but it takes the shine off it :(

Thank goodness he missed the....forks(enter relief emoticon) :LOL: . proper bummer, but what can you do? new decal set or hold out 'til somebody has a spare from a build..etc..

Two classy machines there doug. You don't need anything else, but, it never ends there does it?? :) :) I share your pain/passion. (same thing) :eek:

It that the new garden then? I've got yukkas too, cut them all down two years ago and now they've sprouted from the base and near 5ft now, good evergreen for your garden and, the cat loves climbing up them with the cork-like bark.

good grief marc, get a grip...

weather looks set to suffer for a day or two but hopefully you can get out at the weekend. which to choose. :?

marc two tone":6z48do3x said:
Thank goodness he missed the....forks(enter relief emoticon) :LOL: . proper bummer, but what can you do? new decal set or hold out 'til somebody has a spare from a build..etc..

Two classy machines there doug. You don't need anything else, but, it never ends there does it?? :) :) I share your pain/passion. (same thing) :eek:

It that the new garden then? I've got yukkas too, cut them all down two years ago and now they've sprouted from the base and near 5ft now, good evergreen for your garden and, the cat loves climbing up them with the cork-like bark.

Ha the forks are fortunately un scathed (PHEW!) but I lost a little zolatone too higher up the downtube in front of the "M". The thing would be colour matching the replacement "N" with the current originals as they are bound to have faded...think I will have to put it down to "patina". But you can imagine the situation...I hear a crash in the shed...followed by a "daddy the ladder moved"!!! My heart sank when I saw the damage! But its my fault for leaving him un attended!

Yeah new garden more space and more room for bikes! :twisted:

Nothing as exotic as that is a 96 rocky Ridge

Chute55uk":2yti468n said:
Nothing as exotic as that is a 96 rocky Ridge

Nothing wrong with the Rocky Ridge! I had a 1993 on for a short time...just the alu frame wasn't my thing! Lets see some pics when you get it!

Lovely looking bikes there, I've jut built up an interesting 91 EG, very similar to this one but with a wild paint job. Rides nice

wookiee":2clztm08 said:
Oh and a slight casualty has occurred...I know that you are not supposed to harm children....BUT my boy (only 3 1/2) managed to knock a step ladder onto the Team damaging the "N" of the downtube Marin decal on one side!!!! :shock:

Not sure what I am going to do yet maybe I'll just leave it but it takes the shine off it :(

Sorry to hear about the damage to such a beautiful bike, but all is not lost. I've had the same problem and I normally visit my local model shop and spend ages choosing a correct shade of enamel to match the sticker and then applying with a quality fine brush in very light coats. For the Zolatone, I have 5 different shades of Matt grey and can normally mix the exact shade with a bit of Patience. I find if done carefully you can hardly notice and its far better than a respray and repro decals.

Back