Kona King Kahuna Ti Y2K

Thank all, thank you, or merci should I say after 2 weeks in france.

9450361963_9245eb0849_c.jpg

9453146310_3146185b5c_c.jpg

Some really good riding over there-reminded my of NZ but not as good! Got in a bit deep on some very rutty "red" runs but all good. Thinking about a braking(hope tech evo x2) and wheel(tubeless stans crests on hope pro) upgrade. The brakes so the mrs can upgrade her xc4's-there working flawlessly but the brake pump is a bit annoying for her.

Any thoughts/feedback especially on tubeless, I don't really suffer with punctures(except in hawthorn hedge cutting season!) and like to run about 35psi.

Curious how in 2000 the KK came with V-Brake and disc mount. The catalogue photo shows a disc mount but they chose to equip the bike with Avid V's. Both mount types are listed in the spec list without any mention of 'option'. Maybe they all had disc tabs + V mounts in 2000 then? A sign of the times perhaps...lots of diehards still running Vs but discs were the way forward..Kona trying to keep everyone happy!

Re:

the king is still going strong - getting thrashed weekly at moment. had it on the scales the other day after a tubeless tire upgrade, with pedals and a bit of cowpoo on the downtube - 24.5lbs! That was with the rather weighty but excellent maxxis advantage on. with the exception series ignitors must of been <24 which with pedals aint too shabby.

Re:

The 2016-17 hei hei has caught my eye. Thinking of selling the king kahuna ideally complete bike but obviously would split. Am I insane? The Mrs has gone full sus wagon wheels and I'm struggling to keep up!

You'll regret it if you do.

Sorry, I meant to say what size, how much and will you ship it to Australia?

Think its a 19" although may be 18". I'm 182cm and 32 cm inside leg and it fits very nicely. As you can see from the seat post height in the pics I wouldn't want it any smaller.

Even mrs91ld was outraged when I mentioned selling it - but then she doesn't know how much a new Hei Hei is!

Postage worldwide - pricing will be realistic - let me do some research. The KK is a little rarer than the HH and this ones got the elusive combo of v brakes and factory disc mount.

TBH my comment was meant as a joke. I'd dearly love one of those but it's a little too big and the Mrs is already a little concerned about my ongoing efforts to own all the Columbus Max Explosifs in the world.

Seriously, don't sell it. Those are ridiculously rare especially with the disc mount and you'll never find another.

Back