Syncros Experts please

kellyjk

Retro Guru
Can anyone tell me what this old Syncros decal is from. It was on a frame I bought. I peeled it off the frame and found the paint under was in very good condition, so it's been there for some time.

One Eyed are spot on.. Those decals I saw first time on the first gen Revolution cranks from Syncros and nice they where :)

Re:

one-eyed_jim":3ug2k7k6 said:
Here's confirmation from a 1991 Syncros ad that both the Revolution cranks and SVI fork blades were Columbus Nivacrom:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/u ... d.jpg.html

No Columbus decals in evidence there though.

Sorry for the Thread Dig, but I've come to a Build that requires this decal.. Or at least I thought did.. Now that I know the provence, I'm not sure I can use the decal since the Revolutions I have are have the later [True Temper] Matte finish..

Interestingly enough though, the build I'm recreating features an M900 XTR equipped [so 1992?] FAT CHANCE Titanium with Reviolutions featuring the Columbus Decal..

FatChance-Titanium1992.jpg

1994 is the year it switch from Columbus to Truetemper. Though the decals are not shown in the advert I've seen from 1991/2/3

The 1993 catalogue shows the same picture as the 1992. In fact most of it is the same, the addition of a Ti seatpost seems to be the most noticeable*. (relevant as that looks to be a Syncros i seatpost)

(ok so the swiss-shimmed bars and new stem head, but hey ho I was pointing out the post addition. Oddly they still manage to use older pictures style pictures)

FluffyChicken":249tl7sl said:
1994 is the year it switch from Columbus to Truetemper.

I didn't realise Syncros were making the Revolutions that late.. When did they stop production?

And from this post [1], it seems that the Colombus Nivacrom-made models were more prone to crack than their True Temper OX3 counterparts.

Back