Skinny slick rubber for 26" mtb

hamster":blpj3vhf said:
Hutchinson Top Slick are fast and have lasted well for me - I use them on my tourer.

Think im going to plump for these :? About the best weight as well @210g each

Mr ti could be getting a make over :? Losing the sus for a carbon and maybe 1x10 or 11, Ti or carbon stem/bars and seatpost. Lose all the red and rebuild using the purple and team green parts.
And all from a change of tyres :LOL: :facepalm:

unkleGsif":3i4qmrq6 said:
Do the Hanks come in just 2.2?

G
1.5 too.

There used to be the "Big Hank", which was essentially a 2.5" version of the Hank. It was discontinued around 2 years ago.

frank.youngman":wlsnrz01 said:
Has to be the Continentals if you want speed,noticeably faster than Fatboys,mine weighed just over 200gms.You need rims with internal width of 17mm or less according to Sheldon,I use Sthenos.

I have to agree. On wider rims (WolberAT18, Mavic 231) the tyre is awfully harsh even at lower pressures (80psi) as it is spread too wide at the beads.

hamster":tlpnj4x3 said:
frank.youngman":tlpnj4x3 said:
Has to be the Continentals if you want speed,noticeably faster than Fatboys,mine weighed just over 200gms.You need rims with internal width of 17mm or less according to Sheldon,I use Sthenos.

I have to agree. On wider rims (WolberAT18, Mavic 231) the tyre is awfully harsh even at lower pressures (80psi) as it is spread too wide at the beads.
they're ok on Mavic 517s, but better on Campag Ateks

And so the wheel turns full circle.BITD my last two chosen bikes were a Beast of the East for offroad and an Orange Prestige with a pair of Ateks and 26x1 Specialized tyres for road use.Unfortunately this time round I could not find a pair of Ateks and settled for Sthenos off two different Ebay sellers,slightly wider but still OK on internal width.

How I wish now I had not given away my Ateks!

Just plumped for a pair of Fatboys, as they were the last ones in the store

All I have to do is lace up the rear wheel and I will have 2 sets of wheels, M950/517/Tioga XC for off-road, M571/517/Fatboy for road, and with rigid P2 vs Z2 Superfly to swap between too, I basically have 2 bikes for the price of one :cool:

G

Shayne":wcryax75 said:
ferrus":wcryax75 said:
Conti' Grand Prix are grippy and scary-fast at 100psi

This ^

Continental Grand Prix 26x1:
The mtb slick all others should be judged by.
Fantastic.
End of story.

Third vote for Conti Grand Prix + 100PSi, run them on my '93 Lava Dome and im around four minutes faster on my commute to work, than i am on my '98 Caldera with Splashback's!

Would have gone for the Conti GP's, as I have run their Avenue slicks for years (sold them on the Cindercone :( ), but the only Grand Prix's that I could get hold of were abmberwall, and I wanted black wall

Anyway, always fancied the Fatboys, all the way back to my yoof

G

I didn't even know they did amber wall in the GP's, mine are black wall!

Back