Frankenbike. Woeful Brakes Aborted

Re: Frankenbike. Woeful Brakes but fast

And if anybody wants the parts accrued? Deore lx cantis, thumbies etc let me know

Back from walking the dogs and off to the shed to cull my first born.

Well at least I can stop now. In more than one sense.

Kept me out of trouble for a few hours.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 215
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 215
Does look better without the spoke guard too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 208
Never underestimate the seriousness of a dysfunctional and aesthetically challenged plastic spoke protector. Ever.

It's über important; ask yourself these very simple questions "Did John Tomac demand from his chief mechanic a plastic spoke protector prior to hurtling down Mammouth?" or "When climbing Alp d'Heuz did Migual Indurin accidentally ram the rear mech in the spokes and loose the Tour de France", "Did Marin ever off an upgrade from the plastic spoke protector to a CNC machined 3DV anodised one?"

I could go on.....removing said épouvantable objet defines the bike and the rider out of the BSO / shopper ranks to the league of champions and champion bikes. Bravo for removing it, it's simply a night and day transformation. A Frankenbike to a BoTY right there.

Woz":lgjl56iq said:
Never underestimate the seriousness of a dysfunctional and aesthetically challenged plastic spoke protector. Ever.

It's über important; ask yourself these very simple questions "Did John Tomac demand from his chief mechanic a plastic spoke protector prior to hurtling down Mammouth?" or "When climbing Alp d'Heuz did Migual Indurin accidentally ram the rear mech in the spokes and loose the Tour de France", "Did Marin ever off an upgrade from the plastic spoke protector to a CNC machined 3DV anodised one?"

I could go on.....removing said épouvantable objet defines the bike and the rider out of the BSO / shopper ranks to the league of champions and champion bikes. Bravo for removing it, it's simply a night and day transformation. A Frankenbike to a BoTY right there.

You make a poor case for the " plastic spoke protector " there Woz
Perhaps if it had been cnc'd and annoed it may have become a real object of desire
All it really needs is enough space for a cool logo , get one and stick an onza decal on it or ringle
Or even cooks , the old alloy Sachs one should suffice , then throw it in the for sale section
Might even buy it meself , well maybe not
Mind you a tyedied "kooka " one and I might be tempted

"the old alloy Sachs one should suffice"

....oh please stop before the re-occuring nightmares come. Same shape, form and diameter as a lid to an old tin dustbin. Except the lid on the dustbin was useful and didn't rattle.

Attachments

• Bin Lid.JPG
    Bin Lid.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 176
Back