Dalkeith Country Park - Aftermath

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Went out mtb'ing with John Wyatt and his mates who are all infrequent visitors to retrobike and local to me but not really that interested in joining us MacRetro crew. They pop their heads in the door to buy and sell stuff but thats about it. This is a shame as there knowledge of oldschool mtb and xc racing is immense. They are all ex XC racers from BITD. This was evident from the off, ' Wont be fast' my a***, they took off like race whippets and kept it up all evening. I was desperately trying to hang onto the back of the pack and not always succeeding !!!!!!!

They also have some seriously nice machinery, one had a minty 89 Spesh Stumpjumper, another a Zinn which is a bike make I've never seen in the flesh before, another showed up on a 1968 Flying Scott roadbike with cyclocross tyres because his 80's Cannondale wasn't built yet and finally the crowning glory a fully restored to almost factory fresh 1990 Pace RC100 with reverse AHead forks, top end everything which he estimated cost £1400 which the guy is still racing and placing highly on !!

Amazing guys, local to me, probably went to school a few years ahead of at least one them but wasn't into mtb at school so moved in different circles to them. Go riding with this lot and get fit.

Dalkeith Country Park is great if you want fast but not too technical trails.
Number of fit young women out jogging in the park added to the scenery aswell.

One thing they do have in common with MacRetro is the ability to talk never ending rubbish about the past

Aye ,
The chat was top notch

Hopefully we'll get another one in soon

We Left when darkness fell

Cheers :D

velomaniac":14u4dpfr said:
Went out mtb'ing with John Wyatt and his mates who are all infrequent visitors to retrobike and local to me but not really that interested in joining us MacRetro crew. They pop their heads in the door to buy and sell stuff but thats about it. This is a shame as there knowledge of oldschool mtb and xc racing is immense. They are all ex XC racers from BITD. This was evident from the off, ' Wont be fast' my a***, they took off like race whippets and kept it up all evening. I was desperately trying to hang onto the back of the pack and not always succeeding !!!!!!!

They also have some seriously nice machinery, one had a minty 89 Spesh Stumpjumper, another a Zinn which is a bike make I've never seen in the flesh before, another showed up on a 1968 Flying Scott roadbike with cyclocross tyres because his 80's Cannondale wasn't built yet and finally the crowning glory a fully restored to almost factory fresh 1990 Pace RC100 with reverse AHead forks, top end everything which he estimated cost £1400 which the guy is still racing and placing highly on !!

Amazing guys, local to me, probably went to school a few years ahead of at least one them but wasn't into mtb at school so moved in different circles to them. Go riding with this lot and get fit.

Dalkeith Country Park is great if you want fast but not too technical trails.
Number of fit young women out jogging in the park added to the scenery aswell.

One thing they do have in common with MacRetro is the ability to talk never ending rubbish about the past

Your a brave man riding with this lot ..... Bunch of scallys the lot of em ;)

Back