MacRetro chat and rides thread

kaiser":3mxa5qgo said:
Well I've secured a pass for next years Strathpuffer :) Its changed from a 'I'm never ding that' to 'I quite fancy that one day' to a bucket list item. Just need to get in now, the entries go very very fast.
:facepalm:

If you're hiring a campervan I could be persuaded to pit-crew for you ;)

DaveDH's brother who is a superfit airport fireman but has never ridden a mtb in his life is doing Strathpuffer as part of a pair. Lambs to the slaughter :shock:

One day I'll repeat Strathpuffer Lite but Strathpuffer 24 is still a definite nae chance in a month of Sundays :LOL:

I pretty much feel the same way V, but I reckon pit-crewing on something as epic would be an interesting and rewarding experience in itself. And there's a tiny part of me thinks 'hmmm, maybe I could do it as part of a team' and going there as a non-rider would probably help dispel me of any delusions of mountain biking endurance grandeur.

Aye i could pit crew and heckle but i know how long the first climb is let alone all the other bits. Thus getting myself psyched for cold/rain/sleet/snow/darkness/tree roots/bed rock and kids who are way fitter and better mtb'rs than me would be more than my psyche could tolerate.

Just to much pain with to little gain for my tastes but I bet you will love it Mr K.

I liked the idea of the 5 ferries but over 2 days mibee with cam but I would like to see if you can get a cheap ticket as the ferry costs could be high?

Did not know you were pals with gavin, think I spotted him on a leaderboard in crawfurdland and decided to stalk him as he does some great rides- loved his bike tour of the outer hebrides this summer :cool:

Pal of a pal, maybe bump into him some time of you tag along on a ride.

As last minutes go this is pretty last minute, I'm heading up to Cathkin Braes in 20mins for the afternoon if anyone is interested.

Kaiser, you posted your last minute ride well over 20 minutes ago and you still seem to be browsing. Get your but up they Braes :LOL:

Ach the computer gets mostly left on all day V, anyhoo went up and got a few loops in. Quite a weird course, some rather pedestrian bits and some hairy bits too, got lost a couple of times as well, couldn't ascertain what was trail and what was path! Quite liked it though and I'll go back, makes for a nice training loop and it seems its been strava'd to death!

Back