Bradbury Manitou Full Suspension - Finished!!

pete_mcc":wqpm45cx said:
it is a big bike (classed as an 18"), but then all Bradburys were from what I've seen

18" :shock: It looks bigger than that, she's packing a big headtube. I'm not being critical BTW, just an observation ;)

The headtubes on all Bradbury's are massive, in an early Kona type way. It's a thinking that Jeff Jones has taken on in his bikes now, it puts your head up in the air nicely rather than the 'bum up, head down' race snake way. The frame BB to mid TT is a shade under 17", BB to top of TT is 18"

here's a similar aged one on Firstflights site (this ones a 16"):

ManitouRSide.JPG

and this ones a 19"!:

Mani91Side.JPG

possibly the largest headtube in the known world.

Class. Pure class!

(I can't help feeling that the Crud Catcher zip ties are going to scratch hell out of the downtube though - take it off! Help me sleep at night! :LOL: )

Corduroyboy":atolvd58 said:
Class. Pure class!

(I can't help feeling that the Crud Catcher zip ties are going to scratch hell out of the downtube though - take it off! Help me sleep at night! :LOL: )

I'll tell you a secret, the crud guard is hiding a couple of dents in the downtube, ssshhhh!

Looks a cracker Pete!

Didn't know Manitou made rear hubs - presumably this was specific to the frame with the odd spacing?

Spot on, it's very specific to the frame although Doug Bradbury didn't really make it. If you're very sharp eyed you can see that it is actually a Shimano hub cut in half and then bonded to a new central sleeve to increase the width. The axle is a standard shimano tandem one, the freehub is XTR, the cones are XT. He used to use custom Hi-e hubs and bullseyes but this was his way of using shimanos freehubs rather than the old freewheels:

This example is much clearer (black = shimano, silver = manitou bit!):

ManiRRHub.JPG

Back