Marin Mount Vision Ebay... Stolen???

SpaceFlightOrange

Old School Hero
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
SpaceFlightOrange":27s4y0wj said:
Hi.

just thought i'd ask the question. Spotted this on Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marin-Mount-V ... 33848fed1b

Looks good, but given its on Buy It Now for £300 and theres no real write-up, my gut feel is it stolen.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

You'll get a much better feel for it if you ask the seller a question. I can't see the listing as I'm on my work computer, but if the description is poor then it could just be that the seller isn't brilliant on the computer (I've been in a similar situation as you before). Of course, there is also the possibility that it's a bit 'warm'..

If the seller is close to where you live, why not see if you can go around to view it? And make sure you go around to his/her house rather than meeting in a neutral location!

Oh, and if you buy it, pay through PayPal and not with cash!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
what makes you think it might be stolen? I had one like this a 2007 with mini mono,s and xt, fox rl100's and a rp2 propedal. It was decidedly average and probs only worth around the 300 mark so if anything I would say this one is 50 quid over priced.
It may well be worth more in bits though.

Who'd steal a piece of crap like that. Dreadful machines. A wedding cake holding the wheel on would make more effective suspension.

I'd reserve judgement. Looks like he taken the pic on his phone and posted it straight to eBay, waiting til he's on a proper pooter to do the details.

I'd lean towards it not being stolen if the price is in the right ballpark.

If it was stupidly cheap then I'd be wary.

Chute55uk":23g3harz said:
what makes you think it might be stolen? I had one like this a 2007 with mini mono,s and xt, fox rl100's and a rp2 propedal. It was decidedly average and probs only worth around the 300 mark so if anything I would say this one is 50 quid over priced.
It may well be worth more in bits though.

Ah. Fair enough.

I have no experience with modern Marins. having XT on it made me think it should be worth more.

Thanks for the feedback

Chopper1192":2lodp0on said:
Who'd steal a piece of crap like that. Dreadful machines. A wedding cake holding the wheel on would make more effective suspension.

I'd reserve judgement. Looks like he taken the pic on his phone and posted it straight to eBay, waiting til he's on a proper pooter to do the details.

Fair Enough. thanks for the feedback

Are they really that bad? i've only ever owned hard-tails, was fancying a full-sus trail bike. can you suggest any better alternatives, at a reasonable price of course? :D

They're nowhere near that bad.

I had one ,only problem was the long stem ,120mm, and the flexy forks,SIDS.

Apart from that, great bike.

if you are after a newish full sus for 300 quid I think anything you get will be disappointing tbh, however 300 quid spent on something made in the 90's.. well the rocks your lobster. GT lts/sts/lobo, kona stinky/stinky deeluxe, marin mount vision pro (yes i know), santa cruz heckler, trek y11 (carbon lovelyness, ignore the urt haters), what sort of riding you want to do?

Back