It's not a Zaskar, so what is it?

markwashington

Senior Retro Guru
I've just picked this up from Ebay. I bought it for the discs (I don't know what they are, so help with that would be good) and the Hope hubs. I'm struggling to ID the frame though. It isn't a Zaskar due to the curved end cap, however the paint and decals seem facctory. The Frame number is PZ1503983 and I've put on a couple of pics of some details.

Attachments

• IMAG0456.jpg
    IMAG0456.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 714
  • IMAG0450.jpg
    IMAG0450.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 714
  • IMAG0449.jpg
    IMAG0449.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 714
  • GT.JPG
    GT.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 714
Thanks on the brakes. Are you sure it's a Zaskar? all the pics online of this frame have a flat end cap while this one doesn't, the chain stay brace is also different on the other Zaskar race frames I've found pictures of.

when you get later than 1999 things get all wonky with the "rules" for zaskars, they start not all being made in the USA (flat end cap) and other things, thing is the later ones arn't the sort after ones, its the 91-99 that are.

lol so ur the person who won this i was the other bidder on the bike

wanted it like u for the brakes and the zaskar frame (like the comments above the frames get weird on the cap ) i do have already 2 of the zaskar frames in this colour so wanted a 3rd

be tempted to give u a cheaky offer for the bits u dont need

tony

I've already stripped it down, the frame is surprisingly light, so I'll give it a really good clean and see how it looks, there are plenty of scratches and marks to the paint, but importantly no dents or cracks. The rest of the kit was pretty good, hope XC disc hubs with QR's, Hope mini brakes (rear could do with being bled), XT front and rear mechs, Manitou Black Super forks, race face seatpost and stem and Azonic bars. I should wash my face, even if I don't sell the frame!

what size is the frame ?

and would u be gettin rid of it at all ? cheap as u got it for a bargain price lol

Still undecided about the frame re selling, I'm not sure how GT measure their frames, it's 18inches C to C and 20 inches C to T.

It's a Zaskar, but a later one. When they moved production to the far east I think they lost the flat end cap because that denoted that it was made in the good old US of A.

Back