1987 Raleigh Centenery Ltd Edition (gold Reynolds R531C)

I might get it replated when the weathers turned and i cant ride it!

For now i've got it tidy enough so that i'm happy with it, now the larger areas of muck and scruffy bits have been dealt with, the eye tends to forgive the imperfections.

I suppose i could get it replated in gold coloured chrome, i see some places that do bmx frames like that.

If i dared to use a chemical on the frame to remove all the laquer, it would transform the finish (and lose most of the cacky bits)

Sadly the rear wheel has a flat spot that cant be repaired. Finding a weinmann rim to match will be difficult, so i think i'll get a new silver wheelset from america (i got a black set for another bike, cost about £130 and they really are good and have 126mm rear).

Hi there,

I'm also a huge 80's Raleigh Road Bike fan - hadn't seen one of these before. What a superb machine!

If it were me doing it, I'd sympathetically modify it for the sake of using it and enjoying it and keep an ebay saved search for the rare bits that you need to put it back to original spec. They'll turn up eventually!

I think I may be able to help with the RALEIGH decal - it looks the same text as on my 1983 Record Ace, and I've had all the decals re-drawn in Adobe Illustrator so I can refurbish my bike in the future.

Is this any good?

Print by sboreeves, on Flickr

S1m0nR":3vmultnh said:
Hi there,

I'm also a huge 80's Raleigh Road Bike fan - hadn't seen one of these before. What a superb machine!

If it were me doing it, I'd sympathetically modify it for the sake of using it and enjoying it and keep an ebay saved search for the rare bits that you need to put it back to original spec. They'll turn up eventually!

I think I may be able to help with the RALEIGH decal - it looks the same text as on my 1983 Record Ace, and I've had all the decals re-drawn in Adobe Illustrator so I can refurbish my bike in the future.

Is this any good?

Print by sboreeves, on Flickr

Thanks for that, but the font is a bit different, i know a signwriter who can replicate them if i get the bike replated.

Luckily the bike is almost intact of its original parts. the only bits missing were minor, a wheel reflector (but i had a spare), the toeclips & straps, and the rear rim is damaged (but i've sourced an identical replacement). the brake lever hoods and saddle arent brilliant but they look much better after a spruce up. Other than that it hadnt been molested or monkeyed with (despite the abuse and neglect it had had). It even still had the original cables and tyres when i got it! The chain that come with it looked very recent but i changed it anyway (and found it was slightly stretched).

Re:

Nice Bike!

You must live somewhere flat! i can hardly turn the crank, I have just bought myself one of these, did you find out anymore info, can't wait to get out on it.....

Attachments

• 10845911_10153479216624782_2772644181345966359_n.jpg
    10845911_10153479216624782_2772644181345966359_n.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 440
Back