Installing Headshok forks

Logic.Al

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've got a Flash Carbon frame. After buggering up the forks last time I attempted to install them (I followed the instructions on a Youtube video) by twattering them with a rubber mallet underneath. Is there a better way to do it? I'm getting them serviced and a new Air Cylinder installed and don't want to have to service them again.

*IF* you need to tw*t the underside of the fork to seat the lower bearing, then you *MIGHT* be able to put a headset spacer over the air valve so that the rubber mallet doesn't come into contact with it.

Notice the words IF and MIGHT ;)

Are the forks being delivered back to my address? I can't remember what you said now :oops:

Either way, I'll pop over when they're back and we'll work it out. I feel that beer might help the decision making process.

Forks are coming back to me.
And yes I think Beer maybe a help. I hope. I know there will need to be some standing around, chin scratching and umming and ahhing involved

From memory.....
Line the fork up with the wheel in place, bike on floor, hit the top bearing down over using a sleeve/wood and mallet

I've had a couple on answers. ThaT one I was told by Thumbprint tuning. But Tftuned said they do it by putting the stem tightish and tapping underneath the stem. I think the thumbprint method may be used.

I had a mere getting my fatty's back in used the rubber mallet and a block of wood wrapped up to protect the air valve.

Did have a right dab on as well.

I sorted it quite easily afterwards. I put the stem on upside down didn't tighten it up and tapped it round in circles. It was fine went in easily and no damage at all :)

Back