don't forget the meteor shower tonight..

Rampage":y3vk6w7b said:
JamesM":y3vk6w7b said:

I didn't realise it was that easy.

Is this it then:

w3cq.jpg

No, that's your lamp shade. You have to go outside first (I thought that was a given)!!! :facepalm: ;) :LOL:

Ok.
Just been outside. Heard someone being murdered. Came back in.

(Joke)

I looked up and saw something traveling from east-west, but could have imagined it! Is that the right direction?

been out for 15 minutes and saw 6..........but bit too much light pollution despite the main road being 1/2 mile away, and moon having set, probably better in an hour or two but not staying up

JamesM":3w2xg8tl said:
lumos2000":3w2xg8tl said:
I just got my girl out of bed to watch the ISS fly over but no meteors yet

I remember spotting the ISS once, purely by chance. There was also a second bright object very close by and on the same orbital path. Upon spotting the second object I remembered seeing Endeavour launch on the news a day or so earlier. :cool:

you can sign up for email alerts on the NASA website

Rampage":1wwadq7v said:
I looked up and saw something traveling from east-west, but could have imagined it! Is that the right direction?

Just been outside for a while and saw two in quick succession, yes they were traveling east to west. When I saw them it occurred to me that meteors are like busses, if you get hit by one you're f**ked!!!!

Just been outside and seen a few......... Are we going to wake up in the morning blind as bats with rattling plants in the garden I wonder :LOL: :LOL: :facepalm:

Me and the missile popped down the beach for an hour last night, between 11 and 12, and saw about 30 in that time.
It was the only time I was pleased to cross into the Poole side, as no prom lighting :D
We saw quite a few down there the night before too

Back