groupset recommendation ???

IGSB27

Dirt Disciple
Looking for a 9 speed groupset to go on my bike anyone have any recommendations I have a budget of £150-200

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 344
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 344
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 344
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 344
If you don't mind something modern I did spot this on ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-Saint ... 232dbb42f2

I'm suspicious of the low price though (doesn't come with brakes unfortunately)...

You may be better sourcing parts individually though and if you want retro parts I'd personally not look at anything below Deore LX (prefer XT myself)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Something that was available at the time the bike was new, that's also black/silver to match the frame. I think you could order them with Shimano XT [Which is more silver], the groupset below that was Shimano Deore LX, which is more black. Both a very good, as the previous chap said, although I can't feel the quality difference between them.

How's the build going? I've got the pedals sorted for mine now, which means I've pretty much got everything I need to start the build, so I think I'll have a crack at it in a week or two.

Yer going well waiting on a deore xt m772 rear and front deraler set iv got a deore halowtec crank and deore xt v brake set when iv won the m772 its off the the bike shop to do cable management and go over the bike will be don in about 2 weeks costing me a shit ton of cash trying to justify it by telling myself its going to be my bike for a long time. But yer it's all good ..... Sorry for spelling farst typing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 215
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 215
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 215
Budget for some 0000 grade steel wool(Finest) and some autosol metal polish and sort the crown on the bombers. :?

Yer thanks man was thinking about that but gave up after rubbing it for 5 min with babby wipes lol

Makes a real difference, and the paint on the lowers looks pretty good condition so they overall will really shine :D

Latest posts

Back