Quality old steel frame MTB 16 - 17 inch

hedwig

Retro Newbie
I'm after a nice old steel frame MTB to modify for touring... needs rack bosses (at rear at least), fairly old school geometry and no dents... An old stumpy, an Orange clockwork/prestige, or a 900 series Trek for example...

Looking for a nicely maintained bike rather than something tricked up.

Let me know if you've got anything :D

I've got an excellent condition 17" Trek 950, 1991 model, judging from the lack of wear in the original chain that was on it when I got it, its probably seen less than 500kms of riding. I'm in canada though so shipping outside canada/usa will be pricey.

Ah, sounds IDEAL but shipping from Canada to UK will probably blow my budget! (I'm guessing it would be a few hundred dollars to ship)

But thanks a lot for letting me know : )

Sounds like a good starting point.. What size is it? Is it a bear frame or with fortks, headset, BB, stem etc?

Cheers, Alex

I have a 1992? 17" Orange prestige with purple and orange fade - though the orange as faded to nearer white, no dents or dings just a few little scratches here and there.
Front and rear rack mounts...comes with original forks & Suntour headset in nice smooth condition, also available - original Stalk lite stem, seat post (bit scruffy), seat clamp, Ram Rod bars (ideal for touring bike), Dia Compe 987 canti's and even a shabby chic Turbo saddle!...or just the frame set. :LOL:

Back